This topic has 7 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 10 years by themeforest.

• Author

Tagged: 

themeforest
    Participant

Hi: Can you recommend how I may exclude certain member type from the Member’s Directory?

Here for example, I want to exclude ‘administrators’ and ‘group leaders’ from showing up on this list – and only allow those with ‘administrator’ and ‘group leaders’ with access to the full list.

http://seventhqueen.com/themes/kleo/members/

sharmstr

google ‘exclude members from buddypress directory’. This is a common request in the buddypress forums. If you get stuck, hit me up and I’ll see if I can help.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

themeforest
    Participant

hi sharmstr – thanks! i reviewed the forums and found one guidance that seemed to work for many. Here for example, meg@info suggested an easy solution, however, I get an error message when I run it. Source

Basically, I add this code to functions.php :

https://gist.github.com/dzmounir/8285459

the author noted no need to edit any template files and to just change the query by putting the role ids to hide.
    $excluded_roles = array( ‘administrator’, ‘subscriber’ );

however, I’m thinking this file has custom code to make the awesome Kleo theme 🙂
    Can you suggest where I can include the above?

themeforest
    Participant
     sharmstr

Worked fine for me. put it in /kelo-child/functions.php.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

themeforest
    Participant

you’re the best! thanks @sharmstr!! Putting it in kelo-child worked 🙂

sharmstr

No problem. Dont ever modify files in the Kleo directory. If you need to, copy the file you need to modify to the kleo-child directory. None of those files will be touched during updates.

themeforest
    Participant

Definitely! thank you for the guidance, hats off to you 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Exclude members from Member's Directory’ is closed to new replies.

Forgot your details?