This topic has 16 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 5 years by Radu.

• Author
     LeonGeb
    Participant

In many situations the website would benefit from a wider content area. In the themesettings i can only choose the arrangements but not the size of the content area. or did I miss this setting?

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

There isn’t an option to override the width of the content per page but you can use the below CSS in conjunction with your pages ID to target a specific page.

COPY CODE
    @media only screen and (min-width: 768px) {
    .page-id-6 .row {
        width: 1080px;
    }
    }

In the above example I have used the page with the ID of 6, your activity page, and set the width to 1080px. Change these two values to suit your needs. You can get the page ID via the backend or visiting the page on the front end, viewing the browser console (F12) and checking the class added to the body tag (see screenshot).

Thanks,

Kieran

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     LeonGeb
    Participant

Hi Kieran,

Thank you for this. Will you consider to add this option in a future update? To have to target different pages with specific css will be quite some work in the future (or now already 🙂 )

Best regards,

Leonido

Kieran_SQ

Hi Leonido,

It’s certainly a good idea, I’ll pass this on to the developers as a potential option to be added in a future release.

Thanks,

Kieran

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

LeonGeb
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Kieran_SQ

Hi,

When I access your site I do not see that issue. If you have removed the CSS from your SweetDate Child theme then please add it again, at the end of the file, and let me know when you have so I can check.

Thanks,

Kieran

LeonGeb
    Participant

Hi Kieran,

I put the css code back into that specific page again. its the profile page with id=0

COPY CODE
    /* set width for specific pages */
    .page-id-0 .row {
    }
    }

Best regards,
    Leonido

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

Please try the below CSS instead of the prior CSS.

COPY CODE
    .page-id-0 #main.row:nth-child(1) {
    }
    }

Kieran

LeonGeb
    Participant

It still shows the same issue with bigger image and to wide search field.

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

I’ll refer this to one of our developers for insight. Please remove both CSS snippets and await a response. Thank you for your patience.

Kieran

LeonGeb
    Participant

Hi Kieran,

I removed the snippets per your request.

Best regards,
    Leonido

Radu

With the next css you will have 50/50 avatar zone and the fields and also the avatar streched into available space with the last css line

COPY CODE

#profile .five.columns {width:50%}

#profile .seven.columns {width:50%;}

#profile  div#item-header-avatar.eight { width: 100%;}

Cheers
    R

LeonGeb
    Participant

Dear Radu,

I tried

COPY CODE

#profile .five.columns {width:50%}

#profile .seven.columns {width:50%;}

#profile  div#item-header-avatar.eight { width: 100%;}

alone and also including the previous css

COPY CODE
    .page-id-0 #main.row:nth-child(1) {
    }
    }

I still get the same results.

Please let me explain what the goal is:

I am trying to make the content area wider, where profile, notifications, messages etc are listed. below the header where the profile picture is. So the menu items (user-xprofile, user-notifitcations etc) are listed in one line and not in 2 lines as the image attached shows

Now when I use the second css (the one with the page-id-0) it displays the header correctly but the content area below did not change to 1080px.

In one of my previous posts I was able to apparently put all in one line but the search bar on the right side was extremely wide so it kinda covered the last items.

I hope I was able to understandably explain this.

Best regards,
    Leonido

LeonGeb
    Participant

this image, sorry

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Radu

Hi,

Check those

Or you can divide the 980px space using this

COPY CODE

div#main-content.eight.columns {
        width: 77%;
    }

aside.four.columns {
        width: 23% !important;
    }

Or you can increase the wrapper to 1080

COPY CODE

div#main > .row {
    }

All snippets seems to take action tested

Cheers
    R

LeonGeb
    Participant

Hi Radu,

Thank you that worked out.

best regards,
    Leonido

Radu

Great
    Cheers
    R

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?