This topic has 24 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 9 years by justinlooney.

• Author
     Abe
    Keymaster

With the new version of Facebook API there is a problem with the Facebook login for new users.

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Abe
    Keymaster

Please replace this theme file content with the content from the file attached:
    – wp-content\themes\kleo\kleo-framework\lib\function-facebook-login.php

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     clyde83
    Participant

I have tried the code but it is causing an internal error and the dreaded white screen, I guess I will have to wait for the update.

nao
    Participant

hi @Abe
    I have tried the code too, but it don’t work.

gemusli
    Participant

I also tried the code and it does not work. Look at the php file you are suggesting we download – there are no proper termination characters you know ?> maybe part of the file got truncated off.

Abe
    Keymaster

This is for KLEO theme just as a reminder. The file is OK without the ending ?> php tag

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---

clyde83
    Participant

Thanks @Abe it was perfect now.

clyde83
    Participant

works*

nao
    Participant

hi @Abe-san.
    Excuse me, I could not got it. Could you upload perfect working file again?

reensingh
    Participant

Has anybody found a fix for this. it doesn’t work for me either.

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, So this code is or KLEO theme and is the one from my reply and it should work: https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/facebook-api-2-0-please-connect-your-facebook-account/#post-17716

---

alliantce
    Participant

Followed all instructions. Don’t seem to be able to get facebook login working. Did the API, followed comments here and also did your repair as suggested here

Nothing Facebook shows up. Any hints?

Abe
    Keymaster

This topic will help only if you get the error stated with Please connect your Facebook account, otherwise you should state what error you get or the behavior.

---

alliantce
    Participant

I think the functionality is working.

Just two thing:
    – On the Facebook API what should I put for App Domains? (my domain for this site is http://www.banzaibubbles.com)
    – And do I get the facebook login option to show up on the side widget?

alliantce
    Participant

Trial and error.

I think I got it working. Just how do I get the facebook login function to show on the side widget?

Abe
    Keymaster

Add the buddypress login widget and it should show up there

---

Danny
    Participant

Hey guys, when I go and use the facebook login button, nothing happens, I’ve created an app but when I click on the facebook button nothing happens.. like it’s a dead link, no error message either

Danny
    Participant

here’s the URL to the site: detroitwaterbrigade.org

Danny
    Participant

Update: I got the API to respond. In Site URL and Mobile Site URL what has to be entered is yoursite.com/wp-content/themes/kleo/kleo/kleo-framework/lib/function-facebook-login.php

..but now I’m getting the same error message as everyone eles, even after the June 14th update: “please connect your facebook account” what should I do? The site launches tomorrow.

Abe
    Keymaster

@Danny
    Your site URL should be the domain yoursite.com, not the whole string

---

Abe
    Keymaster

@alliantce add the Buddypress Login widget to the main sidebar

---

Danny
    Participant

Even doing it that was it isn’t working brother, the link is dead completely on FF and in Chrome and IE it just gives me that error message.

Abe
    Keymaster

hi Danny, just update the theme to v1.5 since it is resolved in that version

---

justinlooney
    Participant

replaced – wp-content\themes\kleo\kleo-framework\lib\function-facebook-login.php w/ 1.kleo-facebook-login.txt

Now I get this:

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/justinlooney/public_html/wp-content/themes/sweetdate/framework/functions/facebook_login.php:291) in /home/justinlooney/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1121

Do I need to modify pluggable.php

Release date for 1.5.1?

justinlooney
    Participant

NM…. I had a space at the end of my facebook_login.php file

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Facebook API 2.0 – Please connect your facebook account’ is closed to new replies.

Forgot your details?