This topic has 27 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 8 years by zm.

• Author

Tagged: 

tolunewman
    Participant

Hello there

I tried activating Facebook login but it seems I got it all wrong….so I deactivated it…. Is there something I am missing in achieving this?

sharmstr

You’re not really giving us enough info to help you. Its impossible to tell you if you’re missing something if you dont tell us what you tried and what the result was.

Basically you need to create and fb developer app here: https://developers.facebook.com/apps/ Follow the instructions on their site. After you app is created, input the required info into theme options.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

tolunewman
    Participant

I did and followed the procedure….Created an app and inserted the code but noticed no difference

sharmstr

What do you mean you noticed no difference? You didnt get the facebook login button?

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

tolunewman
    Participant

I did but my subscribers say it is inactive….

sharmstr

How is it inactive? They can’t click on it? They click on it and nothing happens? They get an error message? Please help me help you. Provide exact details so we can sort this out. Give me a link. Pictures. Something. 🙂

tolunewman
    Participant

It showed an error message when an attempt is made to login with Facebook….

sharmstr

But what is the error????

tolunewman
    Participant

Here it is

tolunewman
    Participant

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     sharmstr

Facebook is telling you that you didnt set it up right. Go back into your facebook app settings and make sure the domain name(s) in App Domain (the box under Display Name) is set up correctly.

tolunewman
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     sharmstr

www is not a domain. Try removing www.

sharmstr
     tolunewman
    Participant
     sharmstr

Did that fix it?

tolunewman
    Participant

Yes it did…. Thanks

sharmstr

Awesome!

tolunewman
    Participant

Unfortunately the Facebook login works for me but one of my subscribers tried and got this response….

Attachments:
     sharmstr

The error is self explanatory. You need to publish your app. Its still in dev mode. Please read the available documentation on the fb developers site.

tolunewman
    Participant
     sharmstr

I’m not a sir. Step by step instructions are provided by Facebook: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/apps/managing-development-cycle (specifically step 4)

jacobsorg
    Participant

I was able to work through the Facebook side of the setup, but all users are getting a message “Registration is not open at this time. Please come back later.” Is there a simple way to turn this on?

sharmstr

Settings > General: Turn on anyone can register

tolunewman
    Participant

Pardon me for calling you sir

tolunewman
    Participant

The Facebook login is beautiful but I just discovered that when I access it (Facebook login) via either login page or the base of each page (among the widgets)…. Many a time it’s not responsive…. So I get to either reload the page about 3 or 4 times before I can get the Facebook login to work.

To be sure of this I went to the demo of kleo theme to try the Facebook login and it worked just on one click. Then I went back to my site and clicked bt no response till I reload the site about 3-4 times

Please what could be wrong?

sharmstr

I logged in fine around 15 times. What I’ve noticed is that you have to wait for the page to load completely. Each time there was a delay, it was the ads and the facebook widgets you have in the sidebars. Disable those plugins and see if you still have issues.

Some other things I’ve noticed, that aren’t releated, but should be addressed.

1 – You are running the wrong (old) version of Visual Composer. Update it: https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/steps-to-update-kleo-theme

2 – You’re ads plugin throws errors on every page I visited. See attached.

Attachments:
     zm
    Participant

hi

i am getting this message , please help to solve it. http://www.thepatang.com

URL Blocked: This redirect failed because the redirect URI is not whitelisted in the app’s Client OAuth Settings. Make sure Client and Web OAuth Login are on and add all your app domains as Valid OAuth Redirect URIs.

regards,

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?