This topic has 13 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Andrei.

• Author

Tagged: , ,

nilje
    Participant

Hi,

if an user registers by facebook, the name is shown like this: prename-surname.
    But in Facebook it is like this: Prename Surname.
    So without “-” and capitalized.

Is there a way to show the Facebook Name like this / originally?

Thanks!!

Laura

Hello, will assign the ticket to a higher support lever who can help and advise you in your query.
    Thanks! 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

Andrei

Hi,

Wordpress needs to create a slug ( a normalized azAZ09- word ) and set it as username for new accounts, that’s why you’ll find the username saved in such format.

Cheers

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     nilje
    Participant

Hi,
    thanks for the answer. But how can I do that?

Andrei

There is no option to change it.

nilje
    Participant

Nothing at all? At other pages where you can login with facebook it is shown the normal way.
    And in wordpress, for example at the breadcrumb section it is shown normally too

jluissalinasm
    Participant

also interested on this!

nilje
    Participant

Thing is, it is sometimes right. At the Breadcrumb Section for example.. so it can’t be that hard to show it right?

Again thanks for looking into it

nilje
    Participant

Hello again, still need help with this. Could you tell me where I would find a solution? Is it about Buddypress or the Facebook Settings or what could it be?
    Thanks..

Andrei

Can you please provide me a screenshot with the exact place where you want to change it, maybe I’m not understanding your request properly.

Looking forward.

nilje
    Participant

Gladly,

I took a screenshot and put a red shape at the wrong facebook-usernames. At the Breadcrumb Section you see the Name like it is in Facebook, so there it’s correct. But that’s the only place where it is right at the Frontend (at the Backend it is correct too)

Thanks!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Andrei

This doesn’t come from our theme, they are elements which come from buddypress plugins by default and that’s their default behavior, of using your username instead of display name in some places.

There used to be an plugin which let you manage from what is composed your display name, try it, maybe helps you:
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/buddypress-real-names/

Cheers

nilje
    Participant

So I would have to write to each bp plugin support, where it shows it wrong? Oh my 🙁 I wouldn’t even know which plugins they are because it was already integrated in Kleo.

Thanks, but it seems like the plugin you suggested doesn’t work any more…

Can’t we just trick it somehow by overriting or anything? Like, all usernames (never mind if via FB or not) capitalized and without – .. or automatically space instead of – ?

Andrei

Please double check if that particular user set up his name, if he did and it still shows the username then the job to change the way those usernames are displayed will be a pretty custom task, because that’s the way the buddypress plugin works by default.

Unfortunately I’m not aware of any easy trick to change them all at once.
    I’m sorry for any inconvenience, please let me know if I can help you with anything else.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?