This topic has 30 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 6 years by excellins.

• Author
     excellins
    Participant

Hello Facebook login doesn’t work… When a user clicks on the login it doesn’t redirect them and no account is created… Please help

Kieran_SQ

Hi @excellins,

Please update this ticket with admin credentials so I can look into this for you.

Thanks,

Kieran.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

excellins
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Kieran_SQ

Hi,

Anything I look at shouldn’t cause any issues on the front end or to user experience, you may see an account created, but that will be deleted pretty quickly.

Kieran.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

excellins
    Participant
     Kieran_SQ

Hey,

Facebook login is working as expected, I managed to sign up using the modal on the main page. The problem is actually coming from performance, most of the scripts are taking so long to load they appear (until fully loaded) to be non-functioning. After you use the Facebook button to sign-up it again takes a very long time to load anything and gives the appearance that it isn’t doing anything.

I tried to do a performance check using GTmetrix to show you the performance but it took too long to load and the site timed out.

You might find this article on the subject helps somewhat.

http://seventhqueen.com/blog/code-snippets/the-definitive-wordpress-speed-guide-step-by-step-easy.html

Thanks,

Kieran.

excellins
    Participant

OK thanks so much for your help.. I am a novice on WordPress but I will try my best. I tried again but the button still doesn’t work. Can you try using a mobile phone? I used two different android phones now and it didn’t work. Please I will really appreciate your help

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

You’re right, via mobile there does appear to be an issue with registering via Facebook.

Your first step to debugging this will require turning off all plugins bar K Elements and Visual Composer and seeing if the issue still exists. If with all other plugins deactivated, website cache cleared and browser cache cleared (please note you will have to delete all browser data on a phone to get it to clear properly) the problem still exists then please let me know.

Kieran.

excellins
    Participant

Hello. I tried disabling plugins except for t he default plugins that came with kleo theme but same issue..Anything else I can do?

Kieran_SQ

Hey,

Please can you try the following:

Make a complete backup of your Kleo Child
    – Remove ALL custom code from functions.php in your child theme
    – Remove ALL files you have duplicated and edited in your child theme

Clear website and browser caches and purge any services like CloudFlare and try again.

Further, do you get the same issue when using our KLEO demo?

Thanks,

Kieran.

Kieran_SQ

Note: I cannot stress enough to make a backup of your child theme first, you can do this via FTP or through your host’s file browser.

Kieran_SQ

Hey,

I have an update from our development team and they would like to look into this more for you. I see you have already shared some admin credentials, but could you also supply some FTP login details please, they’ll need this so they can investigate much deeper.

They’ll be in touch with you on Monday or Tuesday at the latest.

Thanks for your patience,

Kieran.

excellins
    Participant

Hello, i just discovered this issue is on the Kleo demo theme as well, i tried to use the facebook login of your demo theme and it returns with the same problem. please check the demo theme using your smartphone, it works on laptop and computer but does not work on mobile phones. I used an Android phone for testing

Kieran_SQ

Hey,

I got that result last night too which is why we’re bringing in the development team to look more into this for you.

Thanks,

Kieran.

excellins
    Participant

Thanks so much Kieran, i really appreciate your quick response, i am very happy you are handling this issue. i hope an update will be provided to resolve this, because many users use the facebook login feature.

Kieran_SQ

We aim to please! This issue will almost certainly be resolved, but it may take some time to find the cause of the issue, as soon as there is a fix you’ll be the first to receive it 🙂

excellins
    Participant

Thanks Kieran, i appreciate your help.

Radu

Hi excellins,

Please tell me if reproducing this issue requires some special to make?

Take a look at this video : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxo5b6iHWRMwdDRTdjk2VGNsTWc/view

There is no issue to signup via facebook using google chrome, where I can see the bug? In Firefox or in what browser, what version, what OS?

Cheers
    R.

excellins
    Participant

ello Radu. You are using a desktop or laptop computer that’s why it worked.when members use laptop or desktop computers it works. But when they use. Mobile phones it doesn’t work. I used latest Chrome browser and Firefox on mobile phone and it doesn’t work. I used a different android phone and also tried it but it doesn’t work as well. I asked members for feedback and they all said they can’t login using the Facebook option on their mobile phones. I tried it also to login on kleo demo theme using mobile phone and it doesn’t work

excellins
    Participant
     excellins
    Participant

Hello, please has this issue been verified, i tried also on the kloe demo theme using a mobile phone it didnt work, and currently members can login using facebook using smarphones. It works only on computers and laptops.

Kieran_SQ

Hi @excellins,

This is still being looked into, I’ll be in touch with you again once I have more details for you.

Thanks,

Kieran.

excellins
    Participant

Hello, any solution yet regarding this?

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

I’m really sorry for the delay, this is still an active issue that we’re working to resolve and I will update you the moment I have more information or a fix for you.

Kieran.

excellins
    Participant

ok thanks for response i am glad it is been worked on

excellins
    Participant

An update has been released but it didn’t solve the problem.. This is sad because alot of members can’t login back to my site. Even the kleo demo theme has the same issue on mobile phone. You can login using Facebook on mobile phones.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Kieran_SQ

Hi,

I know it’s frustrating when there is an issue and I apologise, this issue is still being looked into and as before as soon as I have an answer I will let you know.

Users who registered via Facebook should still be able to login via their Facebook email address, though they may have to set a password or do a password reset to use their account.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Kieran.

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, this is just an update to let you know that we are working to fix the mobile Facebook issue, Will get back asap with a fix.

Thanks

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

excellins
    Participant

Thanks so much Abe. I really appreciate your effort on this.

Abe
    Keymaster

Hello, we just have fixed the issue with Facebook login happening on mobile and a new KLEO version is being released today.
    Thanks for your patience.
    Cheers

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

excellins
    Participant

Woohooo… Thanks so much for this.. Looking forward to the update. 😀

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Facebook login not working’ is closed to new replies.

Forgot your details?