This topic has 24 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Radu.

• Author
     dsniche
    Participant

I’ve created my app on fb and gotten the ID, which I pasted under Sweetdate > Miscellaneous. I followed the tutorial posted on another support thread here. (This one:https://goldplugins.com/documentation/wp-social-pro-documentation/how-to-get-an-app-id-and-secret-key-from-facebook/)

But it doesn’t work. The facebook login button appears on the homepage, but it links to domain.com/#. When I click the button, nothing happens. What’s wrong?

Laura

Hello, can you share admin credentials so i can check it out?

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

dsniche
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     dsniche
    Participant

Hi Laura, any updates?

Laura

Hello, the issue is related to these plugins

– Asynchronous Javascript
    – Clicky for WordPress

I suggest to delete them

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

dsniche
    Participant
     dsniche
    Participant

Laura, do you also know a plugin that does what Asynchronous Javascript does that is compatible with Sweet Date?

dsniche
    Participant

Laura, I changed the form in the home page to a register form instead of a search form, and I noticed the facebook signup button is missing the facebook logo. Now it’s just a blank rectangle. Where did it go and how do I get it back?

Thanks so much for your help!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Laura

Hello, try again by deactivating other plugins
    About facebook, make sure you have support email added and other emails at app details, the oauth you can delete the url there, you do not need to edit those settings

dsniche
    Participant
     dsniche
    Participant

About the facebook button in the register box, you’re right. It was because of a plugin, but what surprised me was it’s Geo my WP. I thought this was supposed to be compatible with Sweet Date? Can I fix this problem as still use Geo my WP?

Laura

Hello, will assign the ticket to a higher support level who can help and advise you in your query.
    Thanks! 🙂

dsniche
    Participant

Hello? Any news on the facebook button and Geo my WP? Is it just me or is this happening to others with Geo my WP too?

With the facebook login, I finally got it to work. If anybody else is facing this problem, here’s what I did:
    -turned on Client OAuth login
    -turned on Web OAuth login
    -under “Valid OAuth redirect URIs”, I entered 2 variations of my domain name, so “http://domain.com/” and “http://www.domain.com/”

dsniche
    Participant

Hello? Is anybody working on this? It’s been more than a week.

Another button is also affected by Geo my WP. On the search members page, the search button is also empty. It’s supposed to have a search icon in it, but now it’s just a blue rectangle.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Andrei

Hi @dsniche, sorry for the delay, I’ll ask my colleague @Radu to test what’s happening on your site and help you fix the issue with the buttons. From that I can quickly see you’re using a plugin that’s overriding our icon library, that’s why they aren’t displaying properly.

Thanks for your patience.

Radu

Hi,

Sorry for this delayed response

For the issue with icons please follow next code

Add code this to wp-content/themes/sweetdate-child/functions.php

COPY CODE

function hook_fa_sweet_sq7() {

$output = "<link rel='stylesheet' id='font-awesome-css'  href='http://seventhqueen.com/demo/sweetdatewp/wp-content/themes/sweetdate/assets/styles/font-awesome.min.css' type='text/css' media='all' />";
        echo $output;
    }
    add_action('wp_head', 'hook_fa_sweet_sq7');

Let me know
    Cheers

Radu

dsniche
    Participant

Thanks Radu that works.

Radu

Great,

Have a nice day

Cheers

Radu

Lab83
    Participant

I bought the buddyapp theme and I can not get facebook login to work, how to fix ??

Lab83
    Participant

But it doesn’t work. The facebook login button appears on the homepage, but it links to domain.com/#. When I click the button, nothing happens. What’s wrong?

I have same problem 🙁

Radu

Hi Lab83,

Provide your website url to can take a look at this.

Cheers

Radu

Lab83
    Participant
     Radu

I’ve logged in via FB but first time it says wp-login.php 403 blocked, do you have some security plugin ? if yes disable it and try again.

I’ve deleted my account and i’ve tried again to signup with facebook and it works without problems.

Cheers

Lab83
    Participant

Restrict my site is the only plugin. but of-cause set to “NO” via theme options.

i tried with chrome, safari and webkit.

stil not working here..

Radu

Hi,

Can you please make a video in that you will show how this happen?

Cheers

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?