This topic has 8 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 10 years by SQadmin.

• Author
     aero77
    Participant

Is there a way to let users use some of the information at facebook when they register. I have the avatar in mind when asking this question.

It would be nice when they registered using facebook, their avatar at FB was also used as an avatar at WP.

Thanks

SQadmin
    Keymaster

Hi,
    Right now that is not available and there is no quick fix for it.
    We have in plan to implement it but we can’t say a time frame
    Cheers

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     moonpick
    Participant

Is there a way to make the user upload an avatar (required) on the regular registration page (not FB)? This would be great as I notice users don’t upload pics which is not very good. Thanks for the help in advance!

aero77
    Participant

good idea 🙂

and how can we find the settings for the avatar size ? I noticed the gravatar appear larger than the uploaded ones.

SQadmin
    Keymaster

Hi, The thumb size can be modified from wp-content/plugins/bp-custom.php
    By default this should be the sizes:

COPY CODE

define( 'BP_AVATAR_THUMB_WIDTH', 120 ); //change this with your desired thumb width

if ( !defined( 'BP_AVATAR_THUMB_HEIGHT' ) )
    define( 'BP_AVATAR_THUMB_HEIGHT', 120 ); //change this with your desired thumb height

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     moonpick
    Participant

I tried registering with facebook and it’s still not using pulling the avatar from FB. Any ideas?

SQadmin
    Keymaster

Hi, You need to enable that from Sweetdate -> Miscellaneous -> Show Facebook avatar

Josiah
    Participant

I miscellaneous settings what is the difference between:

Enable Registration via Facebook
    If you enable this, users will be able to register a new account using Facebook. This skips the registration page including required profile fields

and

Facebook integration
    Enable or disable Login/Register with Facebook

SQadmin
    Keymaster

First enables only registration and is available only you enable the second one. Second one is the main Facebook enabler that enables you all other Facebook related options

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?