This topic has 103 replies, 41 voices, and was last updated 8 years by webmaster-sw.

• Author
     fabienne
    Participant

thank goodness for this thread. that’s been driving me insane all day!

TourismTribe.com

luba
    Participant

I saw the update yesterday, but I still cannot get to my dashboard. I need help!!

Abe
    Keymaster

@luba please download the update and then manually replace theme files using FTP. This way you will do a manual update and fix the theme update issue causing that.

See https://archived.seventhqueen.com/documentation/kleo#updates

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

johnwerun
    Participant

Worked for me, thanks @Abe

Abracadabra
    Participant

how can i update if I cant access my admin panel? I just noticed this issue now.
    Thank you

sharmstr

Look two responses above yours. https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/fatal-error-6/page/2/#post-66886

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Abracadabra
    Participant

knowing my luck this might result in site crashing… will this admin thing come back after a while, is whoever is on the other end of that check going to be up again?

Abe
    Keymaster

@Abracadabra just do the manual theme update since it won’t cause any problems 🙂

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

website-date
    Participant

thats instructions for kleo. how do i for sweetdate? sweetdate folder or sweetdate child?

I still have the same problem and am using sweetdate. Exactly what files need to be replaced and where for the patch to be fixed? Thanks!

sharmstr

There’s an update for sweetdate available on themeforest.

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

maxlevel
    Participant

Had the same issue and it works now after uploading the fix

luba
    Participant

I cannot do it. I need help! I am using GoDaddy wordpress hosting and I do not know how and where to change the files. I am new to this. Please help!

changeisyours
    Participant

This is still not working for me. I did:
    1. downloaded the updated theme (Version 3.0.4 – 05.07.2015)
    2. manually updated through ftp

It still didn’t work so I did:
    3. @sharmstr’s fix of commenting out the update line of code in framework kleo.php

Still didn’t work so I did:
    4. manually added the kleo-theme-update-fix.zip fix

It is still not working.
    I can’t access the wp-admin page unless I have a different theme activated. In order to do this and get past the wp-admin 500 error, I change the name of the theme folder. I made sure to change the name back before making the updates.

So I reverted back everything to the most recent theme update (#1 and 2 above).

What can I do?

I have the old wordpress 3.9.6 – could that be the problem?

Some back story. Three weeks ago when kleo 3.0 first came out I updated and this error happened so I just reverted back to a backed up version. My old (pre 3) version was working fine and I made no changes but these problems came up the night before last.

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, all you need to do is to manually update to the latest KLEO 3.0.4 and everything will be fine. See this for manual updates https://archived.seventhqueen.com/documentation/kleo#updates

---

changeisyours
    Participant

I did that Abe, it is still not working. Right when I activate Kleo child I get white screen with this message
    “Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.”

It stays that way until I rename the theme folder then I can log back in to wp-admin.

website-date
    Participant

Hello Abe,

Do you have a link to only the fix itself (the few files to be uploaded or replaced) for sweetdate? Has anyone created instructions for the fix with sweetdate or is updating the theme by ftp the only option?

I tried that update with kleo and had the same results.. still not able to access admin.

juandias
    Participant

I updated the theme and still not working? the home is blank.

clickafy
    Participant

Luba – You’ll need to update the KLEO template manually. You won’t be able to log into wp-admin. You have to do this “fix” via GoDaddy… because the timeout errors are preventing you from having a stable environment to update.

It’s been awhile since I’ve used GoDaddy… but you need to use an FTP client… connect directly to your server on FTP… and then swap out the KLEO template (make sure you do the MAIN one – not the child theme, or you’ll lose all your stuff). I highly recommend backing up what’s there before hand….

This page at GoDaddy help may help – https://support.godaddy.com/help/article/96/upload-files-to-your-website-ftp

I recommend FileZilla – it’s clean and simple. You can also talk to GoDaddy support and they can help walk you through how to connect to GD and use FZ to access your directories.

I did the procedure this morning (I use WPEngine not GD)… and fixed my site… I had to go in through FTP only because I couldn’t get a stable Admin menu either. I did a hard overwrite of all the KLEO main template files… and it came back lickety-split.

Honestly, Envato has alot of explaining to do… I want to hear why this is so screwed up. If I were you guys at 7Th Queen – I’d be asking some hard questions of Envato as well…

Good luck.

luba
    Participant

I just did everything and still cannot get in the admin panel!!

fikish
    Participant

Thanks guys, had the same issue only today, not sure what started it because I updated to latest Kleo theme about a week ago (approximately).

Using the file attached above worked a treat.
    Dashboard access again!!!!

luba
    Participant

I still cannot access my dashboard! Please help!! I have sweetdate, not kleo

changeisyours
    Participant

This just in! Updating to wordpress4.2.2 made the new theme update work. @luba and others who the fix isn’t working for … Make sure you are updated to the most recent wordpress.

For some reason some of my kleo child settings are missing but working to recreate those now.

luba
    Participant

Can I get the detailed instructions on how to fix the problem with all the files attached?! I need to fix it asap!

HcAoRrDe
    Participant

I also had this issue. After hours of tinkering I found this thread and the solution above worked for me as well.

luba
    Participant

How can I do that if I do not have access to the admin or my files? What file should I replace?

Stoyne
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     sharmstr

@fikish envato (themeforest) changed their code a few days ago due to a DOS attack. 7th Queen wasnt the only developer screwed by this change.

clickafy
    Participant

Luba –

First, is your data backed up? If so, you might be best served by just baseline installing WP again on a clean install on GoDaddy. That way you’ll have a stable and clean install of WordPress…

Second, once WP is stable, then you can layer the theme on…

Third, then you can bring your data back on.

That’s what I might do if I were you at this point. It sounds like things are pretty confused at the moment. That might be the best thing right now.

You should be able to get some help from Godaddy Support on the WP install.

Does that all make sense?

Good luck.

Stoyne
    Participant

@changeisyours I have the latest WP and KLEO but still have 504 Gateway Time-out error. Any other ideas?

juandias
    Participant

Any Solution? I already made the manual update, I have the latest version, buy the homepage is blank.

I NEED A SOLUTION PLZ!

Abe
    Keymaster

@juandias please set WP_DEBUG to TRUE in wp-config.php and let me know the error you are getting

@Stoyne
    that happens in admin? Are you sure you did the update? make sure you replaced all theme files in wp-content/themes/kleo

---

juandias
    Participant
     Abe
    Keymaster

you can set it back to OFF but I see the site is showing so what is the problem?

---

juandias
    Participant
     Abe
    Keymaster

You have a mess there.. please update the theme again, disable any other plugins that might interfere like caching, CDN, etc and also disable custom codes.

---

spuron1
    Participant

I updated to your update theme fix by following the steps you gave here, https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/steps-to-update-kleo-theme

So I, FINALLY got into the admin panel, then when I went to edit a page I was first sent to a page with a message, that says “you are already logged in, if you need to log out you can do that here”. Which is a problem I have been having for weeks, that I can not click the “edit page” button, but have to search for the page manually and then edit.

NOW I am getting a redirect loop and can not edit at all. PLLLLLLEAASE help!! This is so so unprofessional on my end! I can not update my site

juandias
    Participant

@abe i disable all the plugins and update the theme, but still not working!

luba
    Participant

I reinstalled a theme version 2.8.2 instead of 2.8.4 and now it is working for me and I have access to the back panel

Abe
    Keymaster

@spuron1 any problems you have in editing in admin shouldn’t be related to the theme since we don’t interfere there. Disable plugins and leave only the recommended ones to test.

@juandias You did something bad in a post so please check this post ID 115019 or delete it. This kind of things aren’t related to the theme so please check your content and other settings

---

spuron1
    Participant

@abe now I am getting the original error again and can not get to the admin panel. When I refreshed it, I continue to get a redirect loop, so I can not even get to admin panel

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 104 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?