This topic has 12 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Andrei.

• Author
     Abracadabra
    Participant

Right now my facebook log in imports the picture and first/last name that it shows as @ name under the picture. Those values for first and last names do not go into my registration fields however.

Is there a way to populate first and last names, gender, and date of birth automatically into my sign up questionnaire?

That information is granted from fb under

public_profile
    Provides access to a person’s basic information, including first name, last name, profile picture, gender and age range. This permission is approved by default.

Is there anyway to set it up so it fills out automatically, just like the photo did?

Thank you

Andrei

No unfortunately there’s no out of the box option to extend the information gathered at facebook register.
    If you want to do this you’ll have to modify the entire facebook integration script, and you’ll need programming skills.

We’ll try to consider your suggestion and adding in the future options to pick what data to import at facebook register, but I can’t give you any ETA for when this will be made.

Cheers

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     Abracadabra
    Participant

ok, thanks for letting me know.
    One thing you guys should update in KLEO however, is the process of redirecting after someone is already logged in, at present they get taken to main page, they should be taken to profile page instead.

Andrei

You can use a plugin like this one to manage your login redirects:
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/peters-login-redirect/

Cheers

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     Abracadabra
    Participant

Thanks Andrei, the problem is that I already have a plug in such as this one installed for re-direction, but it does not work with KLEO facebook login.

Abracadabra
    Participant

those plug ins only work with regular log ins, not fb log in

Andrei

It will handle normal fb logins too, but not the first one which is actually a register.
    We’ll probably come in our next update with settings for login redirect directly in our theme panel.

Cheers

Abracadabra
    Participant

Also I have noticed something strange, when someone registers through FB, automatically they have friendship requests from all existing members pending. It does not show up in notifications, but when you go to friends tab and then requests they are all there waiting to be accepted, even profiles which were never activated/active.

Abracadabra
    Participant

That might be related to a plug in, im not sure.
    When they register now, they go to /members/username and they get this weird stripe with all users, all users close, please see screen attached. Perhaps it should go directly to profile.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Andrei

That comes from an additional plugin.

Globetrekker
    Participant

This would definitely be useful!
    The FB registrering is almost useless, since no info is transferred from FB to one’s site 🙁

Globetrekker
    Participant

Anything new on this topic?

Andrei

Unfortunately no, if you have any feature requests please open a topic on our forum section with the voting system.
    Cheers

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?