This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by maxlevel.

• Author
     maxlevel
    Participant

I want to know how exactly the featured image for a post is supposed to work in KLEO. The behaviour on my site I would consider rather unexpected and not very useful.
    If I do not use a featured image does the theme take a thumbnail image from the first picture in the post for post listings? If not it should do exactly that or even better, give a choice if it should or not i.m.h.o.

If I choose a featured image, can I use it within the post also or only at the beginning of the post with full with?

If maybe you would take a look at this post that explains the featured image in relation to themes, I would prefer the second behaviour (like in the Genesis themes).
    http://bobwp.com/exactly-what-is-that-featured-image-in-wordpress/

sharmstr

It depends on how you have it configured. If you dont set a featured image, kleo will pull one from the post content if 1 – it can find one and 2 – you have that enabled in theme options > blog > get featured image from content.

The featured image will be display at the top of the post unless you turn that off in theme options > blog.

You should spend some time in theme options to see whats available.

There’s also theme general settings at the post/page level so you can control individual posts.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

maxlevel
    Participant

I have enabled “get featured image from content” in theme options but it didn’t show up. I then just found out that it totally depends on the kind of post format chosen for a post. If there is an image embedded within the post the default icon for the post format disappears and nothing shows instead on category pages for the post formats Audio, Video and Gallery. The picture appears as normal embedded picture for the post formats Quote and Link. It appears with the default icon for post format aside and as thumbnail for post formats standard and image. I could find no description of this behaviour somewhere. Is there a manual or help section where I could find such information without having to check out all the options by trial&error?

In Theme General Settings on Page/Post level I can only set “show media on post page” as far as I’ve seen related to featured image.

sharmstr

If a post is set to video, audio or gallery then it wont pull a featured image (no matter how its configured) because they are set up to either display a video, audio player or a gallery slider. You set the video, audio or slider images down the page in theme general settings > media.

I have been using Kleo for over a year and a half (I’m a Kleo user even though I have Mod rights here). I havent looked the the documentation since then. So cant answer that. Back when I stared and even today with new features, I find it helpful to import the demo content to see how everything is configured.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

maxlevel
    Participant

Thank you very much for this information. I would have spent quite a while finding out that it doesn’t take the video from a video player or from an embedded video for the thumbnail. The main problem I have with the theme is that if you come from an entirely different platform like Magento, Joomla or Drupal to WP you just find ridiculously little documentation about how all the features are supposed to work and even where to find them.

On the other hand the forum seems to work pretty well so maybe the theme developers don’t see the urgency to make a proper documentation. Nevertheless I hope it will come at some point because importing demo content just to find out how things work is a bit of a cumbersome way to explore the possibilities and feels more like reverse engineering than using a theme.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?