This topic has 16 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 8 years by ianthompson.

• Author
     ianthompson
    Participant

Hello

I have set the theme options in blog posts to not show the featured image but it seem to show up anyway. How do I stop the featured image from showing on single posts?

Thanks.

Laura

Hello, i could hide them with css, but this would affect SEO and share functions

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

ianthompson
    Participant

So what is this option in the post editor for?

Post image options

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Laura

Hello, i see but it stills show? Can you share admin credentials?

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

ianthompson
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     ianthompson
    Participant

Laura – when you take a look at the previous issue, could you also look at why the Activity feed input form is not working very well. When I add text to the form and then press the POST UPDATE button, the button doesn’t seem to be clickable. It also seems to sit in a scrollable box which looks odd.

https://archiblogs.com/activity

Thanks
    Ian

Attachments:
     Laura

Hello, will assign the ticket to a higher support level who can help and advise you in your query.
    Thanks! 🙂

Radu

Hi,

Please update theme and plugins to latest version.

Let me know if it works

Cheers

Radu

ianthompson
    Participant

I’ve updated the theme and plugins but the featured image is still showing up even when I set it not to in the post settings.

You can see it here – this post has the featured image set to not display but it’s still showing up…

https://archiblogs.com/wordpress/dealing-duplicate-content-wordpress/

Ian

ianthompson
    Participant

Also, I don’t understand what the tagline text is for? Can you explain the thinking behind it?

Attachments:
     Abe
    Keymaster

Hi there, I will do some tests and give you a fix until next update.

the tagline is optional and it should be used if you want to include a small text under page title .. something general.. maybe some contact info or whatever.

Cheers

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

ianthompson
    Participant

Thanks Abe – could you also look into why the comments section doesn’t span the full width of the content window too please? At the moment the comments section sits in the same column that the featured image creates and is therefor a little too cramped.

Ian

Abe
    Keymaster

Ok so indeed it was a small bug that was allowing to hide the media image generally, from WP admin – Appearance – Customize – Blog

Now also the individual post setting works as it should.

What you need to do until the next update is to update the theme files from the attached archive

Will take a quick look at the comments. On our demo I see it is full.

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Attachments:
     Abe
    Keymaster

It seems that something is putting a fixed with to your comments section.
    See attached. Please disable your plugins to see which one could cause this.

---

Attachments:
     ianthompson
    Participant

Excellent! Featured image bug seems solved and Epoch comments turned off as it was causing the comment span issue. Thanks for your help. Look forward to the update.
    Ian

Abe
    Keymaster

Oh, I will definitely test Epoch and make it compatible 🙂
    Thanks for letting me know on that.

PS: Don’t forget to rate our theme 5 stars on Themeforest if you like our work.

Thanks

---

ianthompson
    Participant

Thanks Abe – will do.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The forum ‘Bugs & Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?