This topic has 10 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 9 years by Abe.

• Author

Tagged: ,

realokun
    Participant

When I load the front page of my site http://www.spokescommute.com in a mobile browser (Android: Chrome and default browser) the featured posts entries are not clickable, no matter whether I tap on the image or on the title.

sharmstr

Interesting. I tested my site and they open fine. But yeah, not on yours. But if you press down and hold Chrome will ask you what you want to do with the link and I was able to open that way. So seems that they are recognized as links at least. Off the top of my head I’m not sure what can be causing this. Maybe abe knows. I’ll do poking around to see if I can figure this out. Would be easier if my site had this issue too.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

realokun
    Participant

I can give you guys the WP admin access to my site if that’ll help you to figure out the issue.

sharmstr

Respond privately with login credentials and I’ll have a look around. Is the site live?

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

realokun
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     sharmstr

Can you bump up the level? I cant see plugins.

Also, you should be running the kleo child theme. This has nothing to do with your issue, but it will make any customization upgrade safe. Here’s some info on moving your settings from Kleo to Kleo Child: https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/newbie-mess-up-manipulating-parent-theme#post-30484

sharmstr

Its because you have rtMedia deactivated. Activate it and you should be good to go. (I tested this on my site and the same thing happened when I deactivated rtMedia.)

realokun
    Participant

Activating the rtMedia plugin has solved the issue indeed. Much appreciated, guys!
    And thank you for the tip about moving to Kleo child theme!

sharmstr

No problem. That was a tricky one to figure out, but I learned something new, so that’s always good.

Side note about the child theme. Whenever you update Kleo, it updates the parent. Its supposed to. But never enable it. People make that mistake all the time after an update. Just update it and leave it deactivated.

Just want to add to this note. I ran into the same problem today on a website build where I was using the post carousel. On PC / laptop the items within were clickable, but on mobile it wasn’t (Android … phone and tablet). I didn’t install rtMedia initially since my website doesn’t need a community at this time (didn’t install buddypress). Once I installed rtMedia, it worked perfectly.

It might be good to move rtMedia from a recommended plugin to a mandatory plugin upon Kleo install so that some basic elements like the post carousel works correctly.

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi @STIXFXEntertainment
    KLEO should work without rtMedia so we will check it out and fix it so it works without it.

Cheers

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?