This topic has 14 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by sharmstr.

• Author

Tagged: 

davellan
    Participant

I have turned off plug-ins to no avail, but upon switching themes, my thumbnails immediately reappear.

I’m not sure if I am missing a setting somewhere, but I am at a loss to find what is going on. My blog pages will not show thumbnails whatsoever while the Kleo theme is active.

sharmstr

If you’re talking about all of those video posts, you haven’t put the links to videos in Theme General Settings > Media. That will put a small video player next to the excerpt. Otherwise, if you want your featured image, change the post type to standard or image.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

davellan
    Participant

I’m not sure where this menu is that you are referring to. Not sure how would I put links to every video I intend on using, which would be hundreds that are not hosted on this server (vimeo videos).

davellan
    Participant

Ok found that menu inside the actual post. Why wouldn’t Kleo be able to generate the information on its own, considering the video link is already there?

sharmstr

You’re using a plugin to add that video, right? With Kleo, you dont need a plugin. All you do is add the link to the options and it will automatically add it to the top of the post.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

davellan
    Participant

Even after putting link to video, still no thumbnails or player appear, and I tried all three blog types in themes > blog.

I am using a plugin that automatically creates posts from videos on my vimeo account and sets them as video posts. This works perfectly to create featured thumbnails with every other theme I have tried except Kleo. How could I make Kleo work the same way without changing the post type?

davellan
    Participant

The plugin works better, as it does it automatically. And besides, even after adding the link it still doesn’t work.

sharmstr

Off the top of my head, you could try copying the /kleo/page-parts/post-content-small.php file to your child theme and remove all switch cases except for the default (last one). That *should* show the featured image regardless of the post format.

davellan
    Participant

Ok commented out that section and it works fine now. Thank you!

sharmstr

You’re welcome. Glad it worked. It was a total guess 🙂

sharmstr

Personal question. Are you just a hired developer or are you a trainer? You dont have to answer but I have a workout question. 🙂

davellan
    Participant

I am a trainer and amateur developer. 🙂

sharmstr
    This reply has been set as private.
     davellan
    Participant
     sharmstr
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?