This topic has 8 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years by deliriou55.

• Author
     deliriou55
    Participant

Hi again. I am brining up this issue again because a number of Buddypress plugins uses font awesome icons and it seems each time I fix one clash, another one happens in a different plugin, so they all disappear from the page (hour glass and add friend etc). It will be simpler to redefine the css class for the Sweetdate theme to save me time trying to get the other plusins to resolve it their end, as no progress so far. They all point me back to the Sweetdate theme needs changing. All I ask is that you show me how to change the prefix in the Sweetdate theme CSS, as I have found the style sheet but when I change the prefix and reflect this in the php files(where it calls for the font) it makes no difference. Is there something i am missing?

Please resolve this as it is an issue with the theme, not the plugins. Thank you.

Laura

Hello, will assign the ticket to a higher support level who can help and advise you in your query.
    Thanks! 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

Ginsama
    Participant

Can you please set the website link I can try and check for a wise solution (i’m not from the support team)

deliriou55
    Participant

Hi Ginsama.

Thank you for the reply. The site is http://www.matchingplayers.com.
    Do you need the admin access?

John.

Ginsama
    Participant

you are welcome just tell me what are the pages you encounter the font awesome errors in.

Ginsama
    Participant

I have come to find the missing Icons thanks, the solution so far is to change the class name on each anchor tag ‘{text}‘ from ‘icon icon-[name]’ to ‘fa fa-[name]’.
    Unless you are tired of this there is another solution is to give me a list of each missing icons I then will post a css solution for you to be added in the default stylesheet file of sweetdate theme.
    Best luck.

deliriou55
    Participant

Hi. Thank you for your help and advice. I tried to change the class and the anchor text from icon onto fa. Still the change isn’t happened on the site. Press hello by telling me how to change the Facebook icon I’ll the header PHP for file to start with, as I may be missing something

Ginsama
    Participant

you are missing just ‘fa’ in your class name, ex: <i class=”fa fa-facebook “></i>
    and not <i class=”fa-facebook “></i>
    the first class name tells font awesome that it is your item and it needs an icon which is fa-facebook.
    do this to all your icon class and it will work, I have tested it 🙂

deliriou55
    Participant

Thank you for your help. This is resolved now

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?