This topic has 8 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Andrei.

• Author

Tagged: ,

fundlr
    Participant

Hi there,

I have a multilingual site, and I’m using several custom templates for different pages layouts.
    I kept get_footer(); in all my pages, of course.

I’d like to have links in my footer, leading to pages.
    These pages will be of course translated.

Could you please advice on how to have the same footer across all my site, without having to manually add a Footer “sidebar” on each of them, and with links to translated pages? (keeping WPML’s “?lang=xx”)

Ideally it would be a new WP menu (translated through WPML), so we can manage links easily. (add/update/remove)
    Options for theme location in menus are only Primary, Top and Side)

I’m using the “Socket” zone (in Theme Options / General), with “footer text” content (which is confusing as it is the “Socket” content, and not an actual footer widget) for the copyright and legal notice.
    But this area is not translatable, unless i’m mistaken, and I can’t use that.

To sum up I need a multingual footer zone which contains:
    – Copyright / Legal notice
    – Links to pages

Many thanks for your support!

Laura

Hello, will assign the ticket to a higher support lever who can help and advise you in your query.
    Thanks! 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

fundlr
    Participant

Hi,
    Any updates ?

Thanks!

fundlr
    Participant

Hi, was higher support reached?

Andrei

Hi,

I recommend you to still use the socked area for what you need, maybe change it’s color to be the same as your footer and that’s it.

In socket section you have 4 widget areas, where you can create nav menus and add them in a Menus widget.
    Also, regarding text widget, please give a read at the following wpml article: https://wpml.org/2011/03/howto-display-different-widgets-per-language/

Cheers

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     fundlr
    Participant

Hi,

I’m not sure to understand the way to proceed to achieve what you’re suggesting…
    Is this set in General settings of the theme? (can’t find any widgets there)

Note: using v.3.0.1 of Kleo (no updates available directly from WordPress)

Thanks again

Andrei

Widgets are available in your wp admin area under “Appearance > Widgets”.
    The last version of Kleo is 3.0.7, please be sure you have entered your envato api key ( http://themeforest.net/help/api ) under “Theme Options > Theme update” in order to receive theme updates.

Cheers

fundlr
    Participant

Hi,

This is what I’ve done:
    – Remove the “Socket” area in Theme General Settings (as it’s not translatable as-is)
    – Duplicate sidebar-footer.php in my child theme and make it one single column
    – Create a new menu, translated with WPML.
    – In Appearance / Widgets, into Footer Column 1
    – Add a UberMenu widget (automatically gets the menu in selected language)
    – Add several widgets “Multilingual Text” (one per language, with corresponding one in settings)

Andrei

Well,

It seems you managed to find a way to make it work finally.

Cheers

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?