This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by sharmstr.

• Author

Tagged: 

Deklein
    Participant

Hello,
    I am using the Kleo theme and am trying to set up my footer. I am not even sure how to set up the footer other than by going to the customizer and adding widgets into the Footer (1),(2) etc. When I add widgets/ text into these areas a footer does not appear anywhere on my site. I have created a custom footer menu in the appearence section but have nowhere to assign it to since kleo only supports 3 menus, none of which are a footer. Any help on how to set up a footer for all pages would be appreciated!!
    Thanks,
    Dalton

sharmstr

Menus have nothing to do with the footer. The footer is made up of 4 columns. Go into appearance -> widgets and assign widgets to Footer columns 1-4. That’s all you need to do.

If the footer isnt showing up on a page, make sure you haven’t hidden it on the page.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Deklein
    Participant

THANK YOU much for explaining this, for some reason I wasn’t thinking to clear my browsers cache before refreshing the page and was getting frustrated. Your solution worked and now I have my footers as I want them, except for one aspect.
    The question is, would it be possible to make a footer stay on the screen at all times at the bottom, without having to scroll to the bottom of the page to reach the footer? The footer I am referring to is a footer I wrote in and added manually to my theme’s functions.php file as well as the footer.php file. Is there any lines of code that would “fix” the custom footer at the bottom of the screen.
    Here is what I have implemented into the functions.php file (Attachment Below).

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     sharmstr

I’ve never done it. I remember it being asked before. Do a search here.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?