This topic has 7 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Laura.

• Author
     jnevent
    Participant

Hi, I’m wondering if it possible to force a new registered user to choose a display name?

Laura

Hello, you can add the display name field at registration by adding it in Users > Profile fields > Base group, or change the Full Name field name to Display Name

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

jnevent
    Participant

How about when people login with facebook for the first time? Can I add display name field when users login with facebook?

Laura

Hello, by default it takes user name, is how the api works, maybe in a future we could change that, but facebook has a name, not display name that we could fetch.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

jnevent
    Participant

Is it possible to make a pop-up appear with a display name field that lets the user change the display name after logging in with facebook for the first time?

Laura

Hello, you could use https://wordpress.org/plugins/bp-display-name/ Let me know if it works 🙂

jnevent
    Participant

It did not work. I got an error

Laura

Hello, sadly that was all i found about that, looks like there is not an option for that still

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?