This topic has 6 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years by sharmstr.

• Author
     sedmorders
    Participant

Hi,

I’d like to know how to control the formatting of level 3 forums using the [bbp-forum-index] shortcode. The default behavior runs all the forums together in one big blob. I want each on its own separate line with a carriage return after each one. This is very cluttered and makes forums hard to find.

1. Can this be done through the theme settings?
    2. Do I have to modify a theme CSS file to fix this?
    3. If I have to modify the theme css files manually, which one do I modify and what entry to change?

I examined the live page containing the [bbp-forum-index] and it shows the style sheets that might relate:
    <link rel='stylesheet' id='kleo-bbpress-css' href='http://sedm.org/wp-content/themes/kleo/bbpress/css/bbpress.css?ver=4.1.1' type='text/css' media='all' />

Is this the one to modify, and which entry to modify.

sedmorders
    Participant

Actually, I want to correct this problem both for level 2 and level 3 forums. They both have that problem.

sharmstr

1 – No
    2 – No. Never change core files. Css overrides go in either your child theme style.css file or you can put them in Theme Options > Quick Css

If you want to format your subforum list, see this: https://codex.bbpress.org/layout-and-functionality-examples-you-can-use/

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

sedmorders
    Participant

I found a way to fix the presentation by modifying the “/wp-content/themes/kleo/bbpress/css/bbpress.css” style sheet. I changed the style “bbpress-forums .bbp-forums-list li” so that it said “display: block” instead of “display: inline”.

Now I just have to remember that whenever the Kleo theme is auto-updated using my theme-forest account, I have to go back into the style sheet css and make that mod again or it will revert to the old presentation again.

sharmstr

Again, you DONT need to do that. Just put it in quick css so you dont have to worry about updates.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

sedmorders
    Participant

sharmstr,

Thanks. That worked perfectly. Still learning how to use this tool.

sharmstr

No problem. Since you’re at the early stages, NOW would be a good time to enable the child theme if you havent already. Take a look at this if you havent enabled the child theme yet. http://sharmstr.com/saving-importing-and-exporting-kleo-settings/

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?