This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years by Kieran_SQ.

• Author
     liatrogel
    Participant

Hi,

Is it possible to hide the private forums from the index page?

The private forums are related to groups so I don’t want them to disappear totally. They should remains visible in the group page, but not in the index page.

Tnx

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

Your site has the Restrict My Site plugin installed and therefore I cannot access the page to confirm your setup. Please can you update this ticket, in a private reply, with admin credentials for your site so I can check this out.

Thanks,

Kieran

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

liatrogel
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Kieran_SQ

Hi,

I checked your setup and did some tests locally and the steps below will offer a solution to your issue.

1. Go to WP Admin > Forums > New Forum and title the new forum ‘Groups’ or whichever word represents groups in your language.

2. Go to WP Admin > Settings > Forums > Scroll to: ‘BuddyPress Integration’ and select your newly created groups forum from the ‘Group Forums Parent’ drop down.

3. Go to WP Admin > Forums and move each individual group forum under the new groups forum by editing and selecting ‘Groups’ from the drop down titled ‘Parent’ (see screenshot). This step will only need to be done for groups that were create prior to this change – all other newly created groups will inherit the parent forum.

4. Get the ID for the main groups forum by goin to WP Admin > Forums > Open: Groups Forum. Once the page has loaded take the numerical value from the string in the URL (for me it is 8329, yours will be different /wp-admin/post.php?post=8329&action=edit) and update the below CSS with your number.

ul#bbp-forum-8329 {display: none;}

5. Save the CSS in WP Admin > Appearance > Editor > BuddyApp Child > Style.css

Clear all of your caches on the back and front end to see the changes.

Thanks,

Kieran

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     liatrogel
    Participant

Thank you.
    It works perfectly.

Kieran_SQ

Great to hear 🙂 Feel free to open a new ticket any time with any other questions and we’ll be happy to assist.

If you wouldn’t mind, please consider leaving the support received / theme a review on ThemeForest – it would really help me. https://themeforest.net/item/buddyapp-mobile-first-community-wordpress-theme/reviews/12494864

All the best with your project,

Kieran

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?