This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by sharmstr.

• Author
     ABC
    Participant

I have added forum descriptions in ‘forums’ but in BuddyApp, when you click on a group and select forum, the description is not shown on the page. Only forum name & any topics are listed.

As forums are not treated in the same way as pages (i.e. when you are on the site viewing group>forum) there is no ‘edit page’ option in the admin panel to change the layout): –

1. Is there any way of publishing the forum description text on the group>forum page?
    2. I wish to create a new page that lists all the forums – like you would see on a traditional forum Front Page  ( 3 lists on the page: public forums, group forums & private forums). What is the shortcode(s) for this?

Some feedback would be greatly appreciated. I’m sure it will be helpful to others too.

Thank you as always.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     sharmstr

1 – bbpress doesnt display it by default: https://codex.bbpress.org/layout-and-functionality-examples-you-can-use/#16-adding-description-to-forum-pages

2 – You can add three new forums (public, private, group) and set the type to category. Then set your forums as children of the one categories. Its all in the bbpress documentation.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?