This topic has 12 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 9 years by Reflect Growth.

• Author

Tagged: , , ,

Reflect Growth
    Participant

I’ve setup a single forum and created a single post with a single response. Both responses were by “Keymaster” user’s.

The label for the “Keymaster” role for the reply is not being layed out correctly. It shows at the top of the forum on the right, as opposed to next to the reply.

Can you help?

I’ve attached a screenshot, and the site can be found at: http://clients.fgsd.com.au/reflectgrowth/blog/forums/topic/heres-a-little-test-one/

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     sharmstr

I’ve tried several times since you posted this to access your site. Its throwing 500 errors, so I can’t help.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Reflect Growth
    Participant

Hi Sharmstr,

Sorry if you’ve got a little frustrated there. We had to restrict access to the site as it was under attack, I’m sure you can empathize with that.

I have temporarily removed the restriction so you will now be able to see it, however if you have a static public IP address that I can incorporate into the rules for access that would be much appreciated to prevent any damage to this site whilst it’s still under development.

Please let me know as soon as its convenient as I’d rather not leave the site unprotected for any longer than necessary.

Many thanks, Matt

sharmstr

I’m looking at it right now. Will let you know when I’m done.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

sharmstr

I can’t reproduce this. Can you try a few things.

1 – Flush your server cache if enabled.

2 – Disable all plugins. I pretty sure its a plugin css conflict.

Reflect Growth
    Participant

Thanks Sharmstr.

1 – No Server caching enabled as yet (its on my list though as the sites running a little slow)
    2 – Just done this, leaving only: bbPress, BuddyPress, K Elements, rtMedia, Social Articles & Firewall plugins active

No real difference 🙁

Reflect Growth
    Participant

I did some initial investigation (using the inspector in chrome) and couldn’t see any styling / css conflicts so didn’t think the plugins would be playing a part.

This seems to be the main style applied:

COPY CODE
    #bbpress-forums div.bbp-reply-author .bbp-author-role.role-keymaster, #bbpress-forums div.bbp-reply-author .bbp-author-role.role-moderator {
    width: 120px;
    font-style: normal;
    font-size: 9px;
    font-weight: bold;
    position: absolute;
    z-index: 10;
    text-align: center;
    text-transform: uppercase;
    line-height: 26px;
    top: 12px;
    right: -34px;
    margin: 0;
    transform: rotate(45deg);
    -webkit-transform: rotate(45deg);
    background: #00B9F7;
    color: #fff;
    }
     Reflect Growth
    Participant

Looks like this fixes it:

COPY CODE
    #bbpress-forums div.reply {
    height: auto;
    width: 100%;
    position: relative; /* Added */
    overflow: hidden; /* Added */
    }

Can you see anything wrong with this?

sharmstr

Sorry, got pulled away.

No, I dont see any issue with that. I’m still trying to figure out why you need it though. Its not happening on any of my sites.

sharmstr

Its happening because your site is generating a bunch of extra li tags. If I manually correct it using the inspector, the label correctly positions itself.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     russellkhan
    Participant

thanks to RG CSS fixded my issue.

PeterGould
    Participant

Thanks RG worked for me too – I think there are plenty of sites having this issue. I think it is when you allow for indented replies in your forum.

Reflect Growth
    Participant

Most welcome @russellkhan & PeterGould! Glad it helped you out 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?