This topic has 10 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years by Andrei.

• Author
     TammyWashington
    Participant

We are currently hosting on Amazon’s cloud running Amazon Web Services. Our PhP version is 5.4.31. Using the latest version of the SweetDate theme. We have four major plugins installed. BuddyPress 2.2.0., bbPress 2.5.4, s2Member Framework Version 150203 + s2Member Pro v150203 and Event Espresso 4.6.6.p. The other plugins do not control permissions, groups our user classifications.

We are not sure exactly when this problem occurred because we were not using the friend request feature sending out request to join groups. However we did test this successfully in the past but are not sure of the plugin versions.

When we send a friend request to a user that person receives the request. They are able to see the notification in their profile under Friends-Pending Request. At this point everything looks good. The user can see the requester image and has the ability to clink Accept Button or Reject Button. When either of the buttons are clicked nothing happens. We waited for exactly 2 minutes and just refreshed the page. We get the same aoutcome if the Reject Button is selected also. Any advice or help is greatly appreciated.

Finally we decided to test the current plugin/configurations with the TwentyFifteen Theme and Friend Requests Work as well as the ability to join Groups. There must be something wrong with the SweetDate Theme. Any suggestions or Fixes on the way?

Andrei

It might be a problem because we didn’t released yet an update to confirm compatibility with the latest version of buddypress. It would probably work fine with buddypress 2.1 versions. This update will come any day soon, we’re working hard to release it asap.

After we release the update, please update your theme also, and let us know if there are any more issues.
    Cheers.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     TammyWashington
    Participant

Andrei,

Thanks for the information… We look forward to the update…

TammyWashington
    Participant

Hello Andrel,

We just installed the updated SweetDate theme to version 2.8.1. Our PhP version is 5.4.31.
    We have four major plugins installed. BuddyPress 2.2.0., bbPress 2.5.4, s2Member Framework Version 150203 + s2Member Pro v150203 and Event Espresso 4.6.6.p. The other plugins do not control permissions, groups our user classifications.

User’s are still not able to Accept Friendship requests after upgrading to SweetDate version 2.8.1 and WordPress 4.1.1

Andrei

Could you please try to disable any additional plugins that didn’t come bundled with our theme, one by one, maybe one of them conflicts in some way. If you don’t manage to find the one which makes the problem then I would have to kindly ask you to leave us credentials to your wp-admin and to your ftp so we can give a look at your setup/plugins and see what’s wrong.

Looking forward.
    Cheers

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     TammyWashington
    Participant

Hello Andrei,

We disabled all plugins and and removed BuddyPress and bbPress. We reinstalled BuddyPress and bbPress. Then we enabled all of the additional plugins. At first a user could not send or receive a friendship request or join a group. Now user can send a friendship request and can join a group, however they CAN NON ACCEPT FRIENDSHIP REQUEST. When the accept button is clicked nothing happens.

Our FTP access to all websites is managed through another team and we can only access via an internal IP behind our firewall. Do you have the ability to remote into our network? I can give you access to one of our computers. We can be available anytime that is convent for you.

Andrei
    This reply has been set as private.
     TammyWashington
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Andrei

Your problem comes because the inconsistent ssl settings. I’m assuming you’re trying to use “FORCE_SSL_ADMIN”, but this somehow breaks your ajax calls. There are a lot of things not working on your site, not just the friend request button.

Please deactivate any ssl options you might manually added to wp-config.php, and try to use a proper plugin to set your ssl aspects.

Let me know if everything worked ok after deactivating your ssl settings.
    Cheers

TammyWashington
    Participant

Hello Andrei,

A long time ago I did modify the wp-config.php file and manually added FORCE_SSL_ADMIN. Once I removed this line then saved the new wp-config.php file the Friendship Requests worked both (sending/receiving). I have also added a proper plugin for SSL that does not seem to have any conflicts. Thanks for your help Andrei.

Andrei

I’m glad I could help.
    Good luck with your project.

Cheers

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The forum ‘Sweetdate – WordPress’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?