This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Abe.

• Author
     phenderson57
    Participant

I’m using several plugins that create pages automatically and enable front end editing by users. Currently none of these work on BuddyApp. They do work in general and do create Posts, but non create  Pages. Is there by any chance something in BuddyApp that is turned off or prevents the creation of Pages from other than from Admin desktop?

Abe
    Keymaster

Hello, no, there shouldn’t be something like that to interfere. What error do you get or what message?

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

phenderson57
    Participant

I seem to have the same problem with at least 3 plugins now. WP Events Manager (the one you recommend), BuddyForms, and WP User Front End.

The errors are the generated page just does not show up or sometimes it is there with no custom fields. For example, on Events Manager, I can create the event and edit it from the back and front ends. Everything works fine. Except when I click on the link of the single page event listing, it gives me a ‘page not found’ error even though there is a permalink generated that is correct. Further, if I go in to the Events summary listing in Admin back end, it will have the event page listed there. I can then Edit the page and see that it is there with the right permalink and all the right info is on the page (title, description, dates, location, etc.). However, if I click on Preview I get a Page Not Found error. Also if outside the editor from the back end I click on View, I get Page Not Found.

On BuddyForms and WPUF a page will be created but it is blank. None of the info from the custom fields they use shows up on the page, yet it is there if you look at the page with the editor. If I switch to create Posts rather than Pages, things work OK — the new Post is created with the correct info on it.

Do you have any idea what could cause this? Anything related to page generation or custom fields on pages? It seems like something is not configured right given the problem is not limited to one plugin.

Abe
    Keymaster

For the 404 pages try resaving the permalinks since that sometimes happen to WordPress rewrite logic. I think those plugins are intended to work with posts? Try doing the same with the default wordpress theme and if it happens the same then it is something from the plugin logic.

Cheers

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?