This topic has 11 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 10 years by Science Times.

• Author
     Science Times
    Participant

Wondering if anyone with more knowledge than me can help me out….I want users to be able to add a post from the front end. I tries social articles but having some issues with images showing up…anyone have any ideas? Any plugins they use? Thanks.

sharmstr

I played with buddy blog a bit. Its okay. http://buddydev.com/plugins/buddyblog/

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Science Times
    Participant

Thanks for the idea. I tried that and it looks like what I want. However, the image won’t load on the masonry screen….only when you click on the actual post/blog. Also, I have my default post type set to “image” but the new posts get posted as “standard”. Even if I change the post type from the back end to “image” it still won’t show the image on the preview/masonry screen. I’ll keep trying! Thanks.

Science Times
    Participant

Just saw your other thread re: 480px wide. How did you fix this? Again, any help to a WP noob would be appreciated!

Joss
    Participant

Hi, after update, the activity, members and groups is not showing ..

Science Times
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     sharmstr

@chapterr you’ll need to edit the /page-parts/post-content-masonry.php file and save it to your childs theme.

The part you need to edit is the aq_resize call. They have it set to

COPY CODE
    $image = aq_resize( $img_url, 480, 9999, null, true, true );

I changed to

COPY CODE
    $image = aq_resize( $img_url, 480, null, true, true, true );

Keep in mind that the hassle that comes with modifying core files. After upgrades you’ll have to see if they added/changed any code to those files. If they have, you’ll have to include their changes into your child page. Not a huge deal, but not for the person who wants hassle free updating.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Science Times
    Participant

Thanks! Fixed.

sharmstr

No problem. As far as buddy blog goes, I didnt play with it too much and have decided not to use it for now. I’ve decided that I’m only going to allow a select few members make blog posts. The developer is a cool dude. Check out his support forum.

Science Times
    Participant

I went back to using social articles plugin. Now that the featured image issue is resolved (thanks again!) it is serving its pupose…for now….

What’s your website by the way?

sharmstr

Its a private site. Though, if they put woo commerce support in this theme, I’ll be adding it to my public site (which isnt launched yet). Either way, I dont have a link for you 🙂 Hey, because I’m lazy, can you tell me if you can narrow down who has access to publish using social articles?

Science Times
    Participant

You can select if the posts are direct publish or need approval, but that’s it.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?