This topic has 7 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years by Kieran_SQ.

• Author
     ACTasarim
    Participant

Hi. I have a paragraph with external links in my group descriptions. Right now Kleo cuts it off after a few words. I want to show all of them. How should I set them up? Cheers.

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out about the group excerpt length, you can use the below PHP in your KLEO Child theme’s functions.php file to change the length of the group excerpt.

COPY CODE
    function sqr_group_excerpt_length($group) {
        if(bp_is_active()) {
            if (bp_is_group()) {
                if (strlen($group) > 10) {
                    $str = substr($group, 0, 101) . '';
                    return $str;
                }
            }
        }
    }
    add_filter('bp_get_group_description', 'sqr_group_excerpt_length',10,1);

Change the value of 101 to your desired length.

Thanks,

Kieran.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

ACTasarim
    Participant

Thank you for your response. I’ve added the code to my child theme’s functions.php and changed the value (101) according to my needs. But it had no effect. (I cleared my cache.)

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

Please update this ticket in a private reply with admin credentials so I may take a closer look.

Thanks,

Kieran

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

ACTasarim
    Participant

With all my respect, I prefer not to give my admin credentials. I haven’t used any custom code except CSS. Does the code work on your own installation? Thanks.

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

I understand if you do not wish to provide privileged disposable account details however I will not be able to check anything in the back-end for you.

Please consider disabling maintenance mode and providing basic account details (if your site is membership based).

The code works fine for me in development, locally and on other customer sites. It may simply be a case of you needing to add CSS for the area.

Thanks,

Kieran.

ACTasarim
    Participant

You’re right Kieran. It’s about CSS. I’ve removed the PHP code and added only this CSS:

COPY CODE
    .buddypress div#item-header div#item-header-content p:first-child {
        height: 140px;
    }

It’s working fine at the moment. But I’ll try to make this rule more specific for group pages in order to prevent possible side effects.

Thank you very much.

Kieran_SQ

Great, glad it is working for you.

All the best,

Kieran

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?