This topic has 21 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years by tmh23.

• Author
     tmh23
    Participant

I have a weird white gap at the top of my site after updated everything.

Please help.

Thanks,

Troy

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Radu

Hi,

Please provide credentials to take a look

Cheers

Radu

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     tmh23
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Radu

Hi,

That is caused by this code

“&#8203 ;

That is immediately under head tag, do you have recently installed a plugin ? or do you have made recently a modification to php files ? From how long time is that space there ?

Try to disable all your plugins to see if that space is still there,if the space dissappears enable plugins one by one to identify what causes this.

Cheers

Radu

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     tmh23
    Participant

No new plugins. Just appeared after updating all of the required ‘packaged’ plugins for Kleo.
    Where exactly is it? In which file? Perhaps I can try deleting it and see if it affects anything else.

Thanks,
    Troy

Radu

I don’t know exactly in what file is, but that section is header.php can be added via a hook.

Please try to deactivate plugins, to find if is caused by some plugin.

Let me know

Cheers

elanb
    Participant

I’m having a similar issue. It appeared after I updated the theme and plugins. And it only appears when I activate the child theme, not the main theme files.

I’m not sure if my issue is exactly the same. I’m happy to open my own ticket and provide screenshots of the difference between when I activate the main theme and when I activate the child theme.

tmh23
    Participant

I’m also using a child theme and it appeared with theme and packaged plugin update.

Troy

tmh23
    Participant

I have tried deactivating plugins but it is still there.
    I also noticed there is a Visual Composer update available but am not able to do it as it says it needs to be activated with a license. Perhaps something to do with it??

Troy

elanb
    Participant

Hi I did a bit more digging and I think it’s the K elements plugin that causes the gap.
    I’ve attached two screenshots:
    1. With K elements activated.
    2. The same page with K elements deactivated

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Radu

Hi,

Please do not update to View version 4.11

Regarding the issue with that odd space, please provide admin credentials and FTP i will check tomorrow.

Cheers

Radu

elanb
    Participant

Ok I think my issue was different than the original poster’s. I’ve resolved mine now.

Radu

Ok

Have a nice week

Cheers

Radu

tmh23
    Participant

I still have the issue.

Radu

Hi thm

Please disable all plugins and child theme by activating the parent theme then clear your browser cache and check again and let me know if this is useless provide ftp to take a closer look

Cheers

Radu

tmh23
    Participant

Ok. I will do this very late night tonight so I don’t have the site not working properly during the daytime.
    I will let you know what happens.

Troy

tmh23
    Participant

Hi Radu,

I disabled all the pugins and activated the Kleo theme and the gap at the top was still there.

Troy

tmh23
    Participant

Oh. And I deleted the browser cache and checked it in a fresh new browser.

Troy

Radu

Hi,

Provide ftp to take a closer look.

Cheers

tmh23
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Radu

Hi Troy,

Very hard to debug it require to much time, i think this is not related to the theme, please do a test install our theme to a subdomain or whatever to see, that space not exists…

If you have modified some php files from cpanel editor what files you have modified, is possible that editor to insert that king of character when you press enter

Cheers

Radu

tmh23
    Participant

After an update to Kleo 4.0.4 this issue went away. I will mark as resolved.

Thanks,
    Troy

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The forum ‘Bugs & Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?