This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years by Kieran_SQ.

• Author
     Oceanglim
    Participant

Hi,

I wonder if you have any specific information/actions to take regarding the new GDPR when it comes to datingsites?? Any ready-to-use text about it? What about plugins? Host?

As far as I notice, when I google for my site-namne + members, google show my members profile pics, which is not good. And my settings for Members page is restricted . (it doesn’t seem to work properly though).

Oceanglim

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

There is nothing specific with regards to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in SweetDate as we are not your data controller or processor. The information your users provide to you is requested by you and stored on your server – SweetDate only facilitates the visuals of the process.

We made a post about GDPR which you can find here https://seventhqueen.com/blog/news/gdpr-compliance-for-seventhqueen-themes.html

WordPress 4.9.6 addresses several concerns with GDPR including data export, data delete requests and a privacy policy to assist you with your privacy page. See WP Admin > Tools for more information on this.

As a non logged in visitor to your site I am not able to access individual profiles but I can access the members directory. You can restrict access to the membership directory by going to WP Admin > SweetDate > Memberships > Heading: ‘Membership settings’ > Option: ‘Restrict members directory’ and set as per your requirements. If you have set this up properly and it still does not work then please send me admin details, in a private reply, so I can look into this for you.

Thanks,

Kieran

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

Oceanglim
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Kieran_SQ

Hi Jenni,

I logged in and configured your membership options for the members directory. If a user is not logged in they will no longer be shown the directory. Please feel free to check this whilst logged out or in a new incognito / private window.

Thanks,

Kieran

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Oceanglim
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Kieran_SQ

Hi,

It’s unlikely that this will release before the 25th given the huge BuddyPress update that was released somewhat unexpectedly (please do not install the BuddyPress 3.0 update yet). So many things have changed within the plugin and there is a lot to do for compatibility.

The user you sent me does not appear to have a membership level, can you try assigning the user a membership level and see what happens?

Thanks,

Kieran

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?