This topic has 19 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years by Ahmed.

• Author
     Ahmed
    Participant

Hi Support Team.

I am in the process of setting up an Islamic Matrimonial Website.

I need to have following features within your theme. I know this will require customization as I have read that already in the forums. Hence I am asking you guys can you do the following customization for me and if yes what will be the cost?

– Non registered users basically guests shall not see any members.
    – When someone registers he or she depending on the sex shall be in his or her appropriate group (Male or Female)
    – Female member (registered) is only to search, contact and all other actions like chat to opposite gender. Male (member) is only to search for the opposite gender.
    – (After registration and profile approved by the admin) Any change within a member profile later on by the user shall require an approval by the admin.

I would appreciate if one of the support team could contact me directly in order to discuss the possibilities.

Laura

Hello, those features can be set up on paid memberships pro plugin and extra plugins.
    1.Go to Paid Memberships Pro plugin menu, add your levels for Male and Female and one for Registered Users, Go to your members page and on restrict page for certain levels choose Registered Users. (This way only registered members will see the members page)

2.Install the plugin “BP Group Organizer” https://wordpress.org/plugins/bp-group-organizer/
    2.1 Install GroupOmatic Plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/buddypress-groupomatic/

Use the GroupOMatic plugin to create appropriate conditions for the filling-in of matching profile field at registration.
    You can also utilise the Hierarchy plugin to manage the groups.

3.You can restrict private messages on Sweetdate menu > Subscriptions and restrict private messages for men. But you need to think if you want men to answer women because it will not let them.

4.I actually dont know how you can make this, but you can approve or not registrations.

Hope it helps 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

Ahmed
    Participant

Hi Laura,

I am still fighting with this roles and membership stuff. Maybe you can help me here a bit.

1. I have PMP installed and done as you said! Created 3 Levels Registration (ID3) | Brothers (Men) (ID2) | Sisters (Female) (ID3). So far so good.

Installed BP Group Organizer and created 3 groups Registration | Brothers (Men) | Sisters (Female)

2. Do I have to add groups in BP Group Organizer ?? In you answer it was not clear

3. Do I need Wp Memberships plugin ? Because if I deactive it BP Group Organizer wont show up.

4. Further I would like to know what should the New User Default Role be? Subscriber? Or S2Member Level3 ?
    The S2 Levels are they associated with PMP or do they appear as I tried the S2 Member Plugin but then deinstalled it?

5. Group O Matic doesnt seem to work with the latest Buddy Press version.

Please let me know.

Regards and Thanks

Laura

Hello, lets see…if you want i can try to do it for you, i just need credentials to your admin panel 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Ahmed
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Ahmed
    Participant
     Laura

Hello 🙂 I set the auto add to group by choosing Muslim or Muslima in “I am a” field on sign up, you can delete wp memberships, you only need PMPRO, the default level should be PMPRO Registration level, pages should be allowed only to the levels you want to see it, so guest wont.

If need anything more just ask 🙂

Ahmed
    Participant
     Laura

Hello, everything should be as it is 🙂 It should work fine, i tested and looks ok

Ahmed
    Participant

Hi Laura,

ok thats great if you say so then it must be working 🙂

I will test it too.

Another thing I would like to ask you as someone else posted on this forum is to how to hide the same gender? That if a man is logged in that he does not see any other man and if a woman is logged in that she does not see any other woman. Do you know of any plugin which can handle this? It should not be possible if for xample a man is logged that he can search for other men in any possible way.

In the registration for I would like to hide looking for is it possible ?

Then I would like to know about the horizontal search bar which is in members section. I would like to know offer more than one search…but the more options I choose the more fields are appearing up which does not appear nicely on the frontend. How to to offer more searches. Like search by name, Search by Martial Status, Search by Religion etc etc

Is it possible for the user to save his or her searches ?

Thanks for your help. Appreciated.

Regards

Laura

Hello 🙂
    This should work, add this to bp-custom.php in plugins folder then just change the profile field id (you can see it at Users > Profile Fields > I’m a > Edit )
    and change the number 852 for your profile field id 🙂
    I customized this code for you.

COPY CODE

class BP_Custom_User_Ids {

private $custom_ids = array();

public function __construct() {

$this->custom_ids = $this->get_custom_ids();

add_action( 'bp_pre_user_query_construct',  array( $this, 'custom_members_query' ), 1, 1 );
            add_filter( 'bp_get_total_member_count',    array( $this, 'custom_members_count' ), 1, 1 );

}

private function get_custom_ids() {
        global $wpdb;

//figure out if the logged-in user is male or female
       $sex = xprofile_get_field_data( 852, bp_loggedin_user_id() );

if ( $sex == 'Muslim' ) 
          $query = "SELECT user_id FROM {$wpdb->prefix}bp_xprofile_data WHERE field_id = 852 AND value = 'Muslima'";
       else 
          $query = "SELECT user_id FROM {$wpdb->prefix}bp_xprofile_data WHERE field_id = 852 AND value = 'Muslim'";          

$custom_ids = $wpdb->get_col( $query );

return $custom_ids;
    }

function custom_members_query( $query_array ) {

$query_array->query_vars['include'] = $this->custom_ids;

}  

function custom_members_count ( $count ) {

$new_count = count( $this->custom_ids );
            return $new_count;

}
    }

function custom_user_ids( ) {

new BP_Custom_User_Ids ();

}

add_action( 'bp_before_directory_members', 'custom_user_ids' );

Delete the profile field “Looking for” so they can not search by gender. And also dont put any buddypress recent users widget anywhere but directory of members, also if you want to hide members loop at search form you can by going to Sweetdate > Homepage > Turn off members carousel
    Also in home page delete members carousel shortcode 🙂

What does this do?
    If a male goes to members directory he will only see females, same with females.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Ahmed
    Participant

Hey Laura,

thank you very much this worked at the start but I messed it up somehow. I accidently deleted the “I am” field which had id3 so the desired outcome did not work.

I then created a new “I am field” and “Looking for” field so they both have new ids now and in Sweetdate —> Buddypress —> Main Form they do not appear as required field but optional fields. I do not want to risk of trying more and messing the whole system up. Could I request you to check what went wrong? I have no clue. What now happens is that in search when I am a Man is chosen then Men appear in the Members list and if woman is chosen then women appear in the members list. Whereby it should be the other way around.

Please let me know what to do.

Appreciated very much.

Regards

Laura

Hello Ahmed, dont worry, i will check this out for you, just give me your ftp info so i can access to bp-custom.php and fix it for your new field ids.
    Also looking for field is no longer needed, as man will only see woman, gender search is no needed 🙂

Ahmed
    Participant
     Laura

Hello, its working now, just please dont change Man / Woman in the field options or code wont work, also to make it work you should update users sex to man or woman and test going to members to see if it works. I already tested it and it does 🙂

Ahmed
    Participant

Hey Laura,

thank you very very much…appreciated 🙂

Is that right that Admin can see anyone? As I am currently logged in and I can see Man too.

If New Members widget is left will there only be women shown for men and vice versa or shall this be removed too?

Once again thank you sooo much.

Regards

Laura

Hello, i tested it with my account and only saw man when i set i was a woman 🙂
    The widget will only work if they are in members page, other pages will show all users. Test it to check it out 🙂

Ahmed
    Participant

Hey Laura,

Thank you for your response. Thats great I will check that.

I just saw on Iphone that the “Select your Page” menu shows fine at the homepage but as soon the site is scrolled down the menu moves to the left. It appears the same in all other pages. Any idea why it is like that?

Regards

Laura

Hello, try deactivating your plugins to see if its fixed, phones are not always working as we would want them to work as in a pc.

Ahmed
    Participant

Thank you very much Laura. Works fine 🙂 I mark this topic as resolved.

The problem with mobile and top menu was regarding to the sticky menu. This does not appear properly on mobile phones. If deactivated then everything is ok even on the phone 🙂

Thanks again for your help and support…Appreciated

Regards

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Gender related question – Sweetdate’ is closed to new replies.

Forgot your details?