This topic has 22 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 8 years by chrisat.

• Author
     chrisat
    Participant

Hello,

when using the geo directory and location manager add on, the search bar on top does not appear like wanted.
    Search bar is too long and not responsive like needed.

Thanks for any help.
    Greetings, Chris

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Radu

Hi,

Can you please provide the page url ?

It need to be adjusted little.

Cheers

RAdu

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     chrisat
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Radu

Ok,

Add this css to wp-content/themes/kleo-child/style.css

COPY CODE

span.near-compass {left:77% !important;}
    .geodir_advance_search_widget .geodir-loc-bar .geodir-loc-bar-in .geodir-search input.snear {
        width: 25%;
    }

.geodir_advance_search_widget .geodir-loc-bar .geodir-loc-bar-in .geodir-search input.geodir_submit_search {
        width: 18%;
        line-height: 20px;
        border-radius: 3px;
    }

Cheers

Radu

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     chrisat
    Participant

Hi Radu,

thank you so much! Great and fast support – works. 🙂
    I did change compass to 76%, now it fits perfect into the search box.

Another question to the search bar:
    Is there any way to select which post type is shown at first at search drop down on the left (standard = place)?

Cheers, Chris

Radu

Hi,

You’re welcome,

I don’t know exactly you can ask the plugin developer, but you can add another widget before that widget from wp-admin -> appearance -> widgets

Cheers

Radu

chrisat
    Participant

Hi Radu,

will check this at geo directory. Thank you.
    I am in contact with them about the full width map we have here. They dont know how to set it up for the other pages like listing and so on. Is that a template of KLEO? Do you know how to do?

– GD Home Page (with the search bar) looks great – full width map. Is set on template using code for the header content:
    [gd_homepage_map width=100% height=600px maptype=roadmap zoom=6 autozoom=true child_collapse=true scrollwheel=false marker_cluster=1 ]

Would be easy to set this for the listing pages too. But I can’t find a template or page for the listings…
    Any idea to that?
    The only thing I see is to set the map on top at the widgets. But those 100% width is for the content, not the page.

Please see the sample pic showing header code and widget to show the difference.

Thank you, Chris

Attachments:
     rikbutterflyskull
    Participant

Add to functions.php for GD Listing pages full-map:

COPY CODE
    add_action('kleo_before_content','add_map');
    function add_map() {
        if (is_post_type_archive() && in_array(get_post_type(), geodir_get_posttypes())) {
            echo do_shortcode('[gd_listing_map width=100% height=350 scrollwheel=false]');
        }
    }

Customize your map with GD Shortcodes

chrisat
    Participant

Thank you, rikbutterflyskull!

Much appreciated! Works perfect.

Greetings, Chris

chrisat
    Participant

Hello again,

the same problem for the search page – on the results page the map is also not full width. Any ideas of how to cusotmize to solve this too?

Thanks for any help.

Chris

rikbutterflyskull
    Participant

I don’t use the GD search system, cause the ajax search included in Kleo is better.

rikbutterflyskull
    Participant
    COPY CODE
    add_action('kleo_before_content','add_search_map');
    function add_search_map() {
        if (geodir_is_page('search') || is_post_type_archive() && in_array(get_post_type(), geodir_get_posttypes())) {
            echo do_shortcode('[gd_listing_map width=100% height=350 autozoom=true scrollwheel=false]');
        }
    }

Next time use the search function included in this forum 🙂

Radu

Hi rikbutterflyskull,

Thank you for providing solutions.

Have a nice day

Cheers

Radu

chrisat
    Participant

Hi rikbutterflyskull,

thank you so much for your help! I search alot, trust me. GD has many tasks for me. May I ask you how you use GD?
    For me it is important to have multilocation and combined post types. GD told me that is not working. It does at times, but not always, especially not in search. So my next question is: could you give me a hint about Kleos ajax search and GD? Do you know how the location filter of GD works and where to set the parameters (not them at GD Panel using standard 40 miles)?

Greetings, Chris

chrisat
    Participant

Is there any way to find out WHO (KLEO or GD) made the things?
    Especially search is complicated…

So it seems that the search bar is from Kleo (the beginning of this post). When using it, function is OK.
    But on top in the header (Kleo framework), the result of the search is never seen. Only output is: …result for ” “.
    I am also missing the bottom of the search page – who is in charge? Kleo or GD…

Cheers, Chris

Andrei

Can you please provide some screenshots with the exact elements to which are you referring so that we can tell you exactly.

Looking forward.

chrisat
    Participant

Hello Andrei,

thank you for your help – screens attached.

Cheers, Chris

Attachments:
     Andrei

Those are all GD features.

chrisat
    Participant

Andrei,

if you want more details about my discussion regarding search relations above, I can tell you a sample. I just dont know who is in charge GD or KLEO…
    Also I think this should be a new ticket.

But here you see what I asked at GD:

I gave it a test again – I really think that it could work. Sometimes it does. It looks like that the location filter at the widget doesnt work every time…
    Regarding this, how does the filter work? Based on ZIP or Region or distance?
    This is also not easy to check…

My test is actually as follows:
    DETAIL PAGE: hotel details are shown – sidebar widget shows CORRECT matching sports (OTHER post type) and shows correct hotels (same POST TYPE). Both shown post types have the same ZIP.
    This could be a way to solve it, some minor changes would it make really better:

1. Dont show the OWN listed hotel or post type again, the detailed place should be excluded in the widget. Only show the others.
    2. If there is no matching listing in this area, just show nothing. Much better than the error code nothing matching…

Interesting things when you search:
    You search a location – same as for the sample above. Search works perfect, the correct hotels are shown. Distance of hotels are 0.19 and 3.12 kilometers.
    If you add the same widget as at the sample above, sports (other post type) are shown without location filter (it is set to work!). Here you see 352, 158, 3.5, 281 kilometers and so on.

So the question is why does the same widget work at detail listing and at search listing not?
    Solving this, it would work good.
    If on top I would be able to set the params of location filter (best would be distance) then it should work as needed.

+++++

Cheers, Chris

Andrei

Kleo doesn’t interfere in any way with how the GD search options are working, in order to make a comparison please keep GD activated and switch your theme to a default wordpress one. By doing so, if your results are still messed up then you should contact GD about this issue, if you see any changes after switching the theme means there’s a conflict somewhere in Kleo, and please let us know so we can fix it.

Cheers

chrisat
    Participant

Hello Andrei,

thank you for investigation. There is no messing up, just missing important features and maybe a misfunction of location filter.

Its already at GDs ticket. So its clear who made it, thanks.
    Ticket can left closed.

Thank you guys, your support is really outstanding!

Cheers, Chris

rikbutterflyskull
    Participant

@chrisat i could help you, but you should buy the six months subscription from wpgeo, because i use all the premium addons to develope my project. The free geodirectory code is too limited to make some interesting things. And you must need to know some php/html/css programming to adjust some part

chrisat
    Participant

Hello rikbutterflyskull,

thank you for your offer. I do have the full premium package of GD. Using some of them add ons already. You are absolutely right, they are a must. The actual issue regarding the related things is need to be solved by GD in my opinion. Location filter does not work.

Thankful for any help, whatever you can do.

Cheers, Chris

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?