This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years by Laura.

• Author
     dsimktg
    Participant

1. I would like to set up the “Places” in the GeoDirectory for our franchise locations.And then I want to give them access to the website with a user name and password.I don’t want people to be able to “Add a Listing” on their own.In this situation a location/place is a franchise owner.So I have tested one place and linked it to an Author: user name and password. Is that the best way to do it?

1a. So the custom programming – can I limit them to what they can change as an Author? For instance, I don’t want an user to change the following field: Place Title & the ability to delete or add new photos.

1b. Also, I tried to use the “login” that is on the sidebar of the places.I entered the user email and password and it comes back with an 404 error.Is that supposed to happen.The page is called gd-login

2. Do the comments go to the “Author” of the page?Can it be set to be only a live comment once it is approved?

3. I have tried to add forms to some of the places sections and it doesn’t work.It shows the html code.Can this be fixed?I need to add Party Requests, Employment Applications, etc.

4. I would like to be able to have the location add staff names and information (like a picture).Do you have any suggestions?A plugin or is there something you can suggest in the module?

5. Would I use the Franchise Manager or the Pricing Manager to set up a fee for each “listing/place” with an annual fee for the listing.It is a per location fee.If they own several stores, I would like to offer a discounted fee.

6. I would like to have a default slider with images for the top of every listing.However, I can’t seem to find where to edit or add in the GeoDirectory.

7. Adding a search bar to the top of the GeoDirectory – I see it on your demo.  How and where do I add it.

8. I would like to use the map for just the locations page that you have in your demo content.  I see the code, but it says to add it to the header in the theme – but that would make it show up on every page.

COPY CODE
    [gd_homepage_map width=100% height=600px maptype=roadmap zoom=1 autozoom=true  child_collapse=true scrollwheel=false marker_cluster=1 ]
     Laura

Hello 🙂
    1- You would need to disable registration at your website at Settings – General and need to create an user for each franchise and a listing for them. However, if you do not want them to edit any details, you would need to create all listings with your users and charge them in another way. Because geodirectory listing owners have rights to edit them. Only a developer could create the functionality you are looking for

2- Comments are managed by admins, you can set at Settings – Discussions how you want to manage them as well at geodirectory options

3- You should be able to add HTML codes in the TEXT View of the listing editor ( there is visual and text view ) text if that works there
    4- This can be done by adding it to the description of the listing. Or this to add a custom tab to the listing https://wpgeodirectory.com/add-a-new-tab-in-the-listing-detail-page/

5- This has to be discussed with a developer because its related to 1 and how users/listings are managed
    6- The slider is basically all pictures you add to the listing gallery at the sidebar ( while editing the listing at the backend )
    7- You can manage geo directory widgets from Appearance – Widgets, find all GD sections and place the widgets where you want them to appear
    8- At the directory page editor, find below the visual editor HEADER CONTENT section, then add the code there

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Plugins questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?