This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 years by Abe.

• Author
     clyn
    Participant

Hi,

I asked everywhere (wordpress or other forums) but nobody solved maybe you can help me. I have socialprofile custom post type with taxonomies (age, county, language). My members can publish only 1 socialprofile CPT and can edit on frontend (also edit taxonomies age, country, lang) . When a member publish default wp post and any book CPT, wp post and book cpt (age,country, lang) taxonomies value will get socialprofile taxonomies value. (I will use filter so important for me) . If a member edit socialprofile taxonomies, and post and book taxonomies will get new values.

Belive me i looking for answer a week….

Million Thanks

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

I’m sorry but I do not understand what the question is, can you clarify what it is you wish to do and where?

Thanks,

Kieran

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

clyn
    Participant

Same (common) taxonomies (author age, author country, author region) for wp default post, book cpt and authorprofile cpt.

ok, i will try to explain step by step.
    1 – I have members who can create wp default posts also BOOK CPT. but i’m not displaying on frontend taxonomies to edit for my authors.
    2 – my member can create, publish and edit only 1 authorprofile CPT with taxonomies (age, region, country) on frontend.

So, if my member publish authorprofile CPT and entered values for (age,coutnry, region) taxonomies. After, If member publish book cpt, book cpt taxonomies value (age,country,region) will get from authorprofile taxonomies. I mean that authorprofile taxonomies will be key value for other post taxonomies. I hope its explain well with my bad english. Oh also, if member change or edit authorprofile taxonomies, yes all books taxonomy value will change…

Thanks and have a nice week…

clyn
    Participant

or maybe we can do this, each posts (wp or cpt) some taxonmies value will get buddypress profile value. ıf member buddypress profile defined such as country:france, all posts (tax) authorcountry: france . If memebr change country, yes all posts author country taxonomy will change.

so any one can easy filter posts by authorcountry.

Long way: member publish a book cpt and each time enter book cpt author taxonomies (age,region,country) . So, i am looking answer above question.

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

Thanks for the extra information. I am going to pass this ticket over to one of our developers to discuss your query in further detail. They’ll be in touch with you as soon as they can, Monday to Friday, East European Time.

Thank you for your patience,

Kieran

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, from what you explained I understood that you are allowing members to create a custom post entry(authorprofile) which has some taxonomies that can be set also by the user. Now you want to get that info and add it to the taxonomies of book but don’t show then again to the user.

It is a bit complicated but I guess it can be done with some programming skills. Here are some steps you should follow when discussing it with the developer:
    1. Get the custom post type entry for authorprofile using WP Query https://codex.wordpress.org/Class_Reference/WP_Query#Author_Parameters
    2. Get user taxonomies https://stackoverflow.com/questions/22564382/how-to-get-the-taxonomy-values-of-a-custom-post-type#22568193
    3. use the info from step 3 to create the data for future post entries or updates.

I hope it helps.

Cheers

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?