This topic has 8 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years by sharmstr.

• Author
     Cody
    Participant

Hi there,

I just downloaded the most recent Kleo theme today and am trying to install it but keep receiving the white screen of death after I follow the instructions and install + activate the recommended plugins.

What I am doing is installing all the plugins that it suggests and then I activate them all. From here I instantly receive the white screen. So as you folks mentioned in the documentation I manually updated revslider, k-elements, and js-composer however this is not making a difference.

Please advise what I should do here. I just purchased the theme and following the installation instructions and it’s still not working.

Thanks,

sharmstr

New site or existing install? If existing, try disabling all other plugins first. There might be a plugin conflict.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Cody
    Participant

It’s a completely new install. I just downloaded the complete theme package from themeforest and haven’t added any additional plugins.

sharmstr

Okay. Try turning on debugging in wp-config.php

http://codex.wordpress.org/WP_DEBUG

COPY CODE

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', true);

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Cody
    Participant

Hi there,

I did this and it seems that I was having a memory allocation issue. I ended up fixing it by adding

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '64M');

to config.php.

However, it seems that I am now having another issue. When I go to add a menu item it never seems to actually add the item to the list. The loading icon just keeps spin and the item is never saved. Any suggestions on what I could do to fix this?

Thanks

Cody
    Participant

Never mind actually. All I had to do was up the memory limit again to 128M. Is there a recommended memory limit setting for this theme?

sharmstr

As stated in the install documentation: 128mb https://archived.seventhqueen.com/documentation/kleo

colab665
    Participant

Hello, I am having the same problem. I see that I need to change my limit to 128mb, but where can I do that? I do not know how to use php.

sharmstr

@colab665: http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/fix-wordpress-memory-exhausted-error-increase-php-memory/

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?