This topic has 16 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 9 years by Abe.

• Author

Tagged: , , ,

guy_fraser
    Participant

I’ve just gone in to try and change the avatar of an existing group but it seems the crop tool is broken (it works fine when creating groups, member avatars also work fine)… Anyone else having this issue?

The image view where the cropping is done has become really, really small – much smaller than the results preview to the right.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Abe
    Keymaster

Maybe you changed some Buddypress thumbnail sizes?

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

guy_fraser
    Participant

Nope, this is in the HTML… note the inline styles:

<div class=”jcrop-holder” style=”width: 50px; height: 33px; position: relative; background-color: black;”><div style=”position: absolute; z-index: 600; width: 16px; height: 16px; top: 17px; left: 24px;”><div style=”width: 100%; height: 100%; z-index: 310; position: absolute; overflow: hidden;”><div class=”jcrop-hline” style=”position: absolute; opacity: 0.4;”></div><div class=”jcrop-hline bottom” style=”position: absolute; opacity: 0.4;”></div><div class=”jcrop-vline right” style=”position: absolute; opacity: 0.4;”></div><div class=”jcrop-vline” style=”position: absolute; opacity: 0.4;”></div><div class=”jcrop-tracker” style=”position: absolute; z-index: 360; cursor: move;”></div></div><div style=”width: 100%; height: 100%; z-index: 320; display: none;”><div class=”ord-n jcrop-dragbar” style=”cursor: n-resize; position: absolute; z-index: 370;”></div><div class=”ord-s jcrop-dragbar” style=”cursor: s-resize; position: absolute; z-index: 371;”></div><div class=”ord-e jcrop-dragbar” style=”cursor: e-resize; position: absolute; z-index: 372;”></div><div class=”ord-w jcrop-dragbar” style=”cursor: w-resize; position: absolute; z-index: 373;”></div><div class=”ord-n jcrop-handle” style=”cursor: n-resize; position: absolute; z-index: 374; opacity: 0.5;”></div><div class=”ord-s jcrop-handle” style=”cursor: s-resize; position: absolute; z-index: 375; opacity: 0.5;”></div><div class=”ord-e jcrop-handle” style=”cursor: e-resize; position: absolute; z-index: 376; opacity: 0.5;”></div><div class=”ord-w jcrop-handle” style=”cursor: w-resize; position: absolute; z-index: 377; opacity: 0.5;”></div><div class=”ord-nw jcrop-handle” style=”cursor: nw-resize; position: absolute; z-index: 378; opacity: 0.5;”></div><div class=”ord-ne jcrop-handle” style=”cursor: ne-resize; position: absolute; z-index: 379; opacity: 0.5;”></div><div class=”ord-se jcrop-handle” style=”cursor: se-resize; position: absolute; z-index: 380; opacity: 0.5;”></div><div class=”ord-sw jcrop-handle” style=”cursor: sw-resize; position: absolute; z-index: 381; opacity: 0.5;”></div></div></div><div class=”jcrop-tracker” style=”width: 54px; height: 37px; position: absolute; top: -2px; left: -2px; cursor: crosshair; z-index: 450;”></div><input type=”radio” class=”jcrop-keymgr” style=”position: fixed; left: -120px; width: 12px; display: none;”>Avatar to crop</div>

guy_fraser
    Participant

I’ve just disabled all plugins and it’s still happening. Note: This only happens when editing the avatar on an already-existing group (via Admin tab on the public group page > Avatar)

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, We managed to fix this. There was a CSS issue and now should be fine. Until next update please update wp-content\themes\kleo\buddypress\css\buddypress.css file content with the one attached.

Cheers

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Attachments:
     jasongambert
    Participant

Excellent Job Abe!

TheNHA
    Participant

I uploaded the file and now my styling is actually worse.

The styling for all avatar images and text input boxes has changed. The circles are now squares and the text boxes are larger.

Did I miss something with the fix or is there another step?

Attachments:
     TheNHA
    Participant

I can’t access the photo uploader either because the icons and links for the pages are gone. I have reverted back to the old css file until I can get some help with this one.

Abe
    Keymaster

You obviously did something wrong. just try to take the content from the provided file and replace the content from your file on the server

---

TheNHA
    Participant

I tried it again with the same result. I will just crop the images myself and wait for the update.

Patagonia
    Participant

I think I am going crazy, but where can I actually upload or edit a group avatar?
    When creating a group there is no option and when administrating one neither, see screenshot.

I also do not have the group location/hierarchy settings I see on the screenshots.

Is there a special setting somewhere? Which script(s) is responsible for this, maybe it is minified or so?

Thanks!

Attachments:
     Patagonia
    Participant

ps: also deleting a group does not work, can only do this from the back end. When deleting from the front end it just waits a bit and then does noting and the group is not deleted.

Patagonia
    Participant

Never mind the avatar: I reckoned that as an Admin and group Admin I would have access, but apparently I must enable the BuddyPress settings to allow all users to upload avatars, else the group avatar is no option either. Very strange setting, it would be better if the siteadmin and/or group admin had more privileges.

The problem as reported is true, now new groups work, existing ones don’t. Still deleting groups from the front end does not work (I have all cache and other plugins off at the moment).

Abe
    Keymaster

@Patagonia I just tested group deletion on my test site and works. I just went to the group admin – Delete and deleted it without problem.

---

Blake
    Participant

I uploaded the file and now my styling is actually worse.

The styling for all avatar images and text input boxes has changed. The circles are now squares and the text boxes are larger.

Did I miss something with the fix or is there another step?/blockquote>

I got the same errors too. Downloaded the buddypress.css file, replaced contents, cleared cache, and ooops… the page styling was broken.

I have Kleo 1.4.2 but am using a child theme (although no css is included in the child theme)

What version of the theme was the buddypress.css designed for?

Thanks

Blake
    Participant

Hi any update on this please – what version of Kleo was the fix for?

Abe
    Keymaster

@Blake the updated file was for 1.4.2 theme version and definitely you are copying it wrong or something is not happening right since the new file has only a couple of line changes and those issues could come from the fact that the file isn’t loaded at all on your site

---

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?