This topic has 6 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years by chaluwa.

• Author
     chaluwa
    Participant

Hello. How do I change the default group post update heading- Whats new in…? Would like to change it to something like “Say something about…” or any text I wish. Thanks

Laura

Hello, you can translate all of that with codestyling localization plugin. https://wordpress.org/plugins/codestyling-localization/

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

chaluwa
    Participant

ok, but seem to me like the Codestyling Localization plugin is used to translate an existing language to another. That’s not what I wish to achieve. I wish to change the h5 text/ sentence used in the group update page to a sentence that suits my page. I don’t wish to change from one language to another.

Laura

Hello, in codestyling localization you can Add a language or edit an existing one.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

chaluwa
    Participant

Hi, I have installed codestyling localization plugin, but when I try to add a language to Buddypress this is what I get- You do not have the permission to create the file ‘/hsphere/local/home/a925490/my website.com/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-languages/buddypress-en_GB.po’.

Laura

Hello, go to your ftp then go to wp-contents > plugins > buddypress then create a folder called bp-languages and change permissions to 777, then try again 🙂

chaluwa
    Participant

Thanks, its been solved. Although, I used another route-command-line-grep… I was able to locate then replace the php files.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Sweetdate – WordPress’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?