This topic has 13 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years by sharmstr.

• Author
     ahd904
    Participant

Dear Kleo theme support,

Hello, why i have just noticed that the Kleo provided ajax search also displays the results for buddypress components as well….

I have been looking for this quite awhile as a plugin.
    Thank you for a great feature !

I seem to have a problem with groups search though.

I have checked it with the members search and the terms i put the search brings out all the relevant members but things are not working for groups.

For example, i have a group page named as ‘워드프레스 커뮤니티’ or ‘잠실맘’ in Korean but they are not searched by the Kleo ajax search nor any other relevant description fields written for those group pages, no results are showing.

Am i the only one requested for such an issue ?

Would this be a problem with multi language search ?

This is my groups directory URL http://www.ibyi.co.kr/groups/ (/groups/ is the default buddypress URL right? )

Please see the attached image for your reference and please let me know what might be causing this or look into your source.

Or even though they are written in English. I have groups listed on the main page of my website:
    http://www.ibyi.co.kr/ Please copy the Korean groups page names and try for yourself as an investigation if that would give you more idea.

Thank you always for great support !

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     ahd904
    Participant

Additionally to this,

Could you please let me know how to leave the search bar ‘open’ not when onclick function it extends to show the input ?

Thank you very much

ahd904
    Participant

Dear Team,

I am sorry for not organizing my requests in one post but i have found two more things i would like to know.
    I would like to summarize as below of my request.

1. groups search problem with the ajax as mentioned above.

2. How to leave the search in ‘open’ status not ‘onclick’

3. How can i put the search form before the nav-main-menu?

4. When i type an input and push enter, it seems to bring out the results only for pages.
    How can i make this so that it shows a page with results with all the relevant contexts like pages, forums, members??

I hope this one becomes possible with the next update. (If i am not the only one facing the problem)

Thank you.

Regards,
    SB

sharmstr

1 – Groups are not searched. See attached. If you’d like groups to be searched, please add it to the Feature Requests topic.

2 – Try this css. It should get you close. If it doesnt work completely, you’ll need to figure it out

COPY CODE

.searchHidden {
    display: block !important;
    }

3 – Try this

COPY CODE

#nav-menu-item-search {
    float: left;
    }

4 – This is not available in Kleo. You will have to build a page to combine all search results yourself.

Also, in another topic you asked about a shortcode. There is a VC shortcode for a search bar. See attached.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Attachments:
     ahd904
    Participant

1. What i see from my end, it shows it can also search for group fields & pages,
    Please see the attached.

2. If you please look at another attached image, ‘searchbar’, can we make the input area be within the header container? is this lot of custom required ??

3. That is what i wanted but leaving it open, can we put it stick close to the logo rather than to the nav menu ?

4. Thank you, i will try to see what i can find out to get this.

Thank you @sharmstr

ahd904
    Participant

Sorry the attached images are here.

Attachments:
     sharmstr

Those group ‘pages’ were added by some plugin or something. They are not standard and I can assure you, that the ajax search was not coded to search groups by default. Here is the code

COPY CODE

if ( function_exists( 'bp_is_active' ) ) {
            $kleo_post_types['Members'] =  'members';
        }
        $kleo_post_types['Posts'] = 'post';
        $kleo_post_types['Pages'] = 'page';

$args = array(
            'public'   => true,
            '_builtin' => false
        );
        $types_return = 'objects'; // names or objects, note names is the default
        $post_types = get_post_types( $args, $types_return );

$except_post_types = array('kleo_clients', 'kleo-testimonials', 'topic', 'reply');

You can see at the beginning, that kleo is only searching members, not groups.

On my site, I have installed the idea stream plugin. The “idea” cpt shows up in the search list, but is not in the results if I leave the “search context” field blank even though it says “Leave unchecked to search in all content”. I need to actually select it in order for it to show up in results. See attached. I’ll talk to @abe about this.

As far a moving the search over to the logo, you’ll need to edit the backend code. The logo and the menu are in separate div’s.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Attachments:
     ahd904
    Participant

Thank you @sharmstr,

you seem to be here 24/7 on this place. 🙂

Apart from putting it aside the logo, can we still have the search bar input area to be open within the nav-menu container not a ‘onclick’ dropdown a container ?

If this requires a lot of fixation, please let me know where i can find the source for the ajax search in the header.

Thank you again.

ahd904
    Participant

I have checked to see what happens after selecting all those fields. But it is not showing the groups but rather brings out only the related texts in a post view. 🙁

I have already updated this on the feature request. I really have a hope your discussion with Abe will make the team concern about building up the feature. This ajax search is just too awesome to miss out the group contents.

sharmstr

No. The search input is inside the container. No way to show it without also showing the container. You’ll have to custom code it yourself.

sharmstr

Okay. I’ve added the group search to both the menu search and the search form shortcode. I’ve submitted the code to the kleo team for approval. No ETA on if or when it will be added.

Attachments:
     ahd904
    Participant

Thank you so much @sharmstr

What you do really drives me with an intention to learn the language quickly.

This is so creative job…

Do you need the Kleo team’s approval in order to share the added code with me temporarily?

SB

sharmstr

There’s too many files affected. Be patient.

sharmstr

Its been accepted so it will be included in the next release.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?