This topic has 10 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years by Kieran_SQ.

• Author
     chambers.kevin
    Participant

I as a user and an admin am not able to create groups. I know others are creating groups as i can see this in the groups menu. How can I create groups?

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

Thanks for contacting us about creating groups, your site is set to private so I am unable to access could you please update this ticket with credentials for a newly created admin account as well as a standard user account (please make sure these accounts have a membership level assigned to them if you’re using the membership aspect).

Thanks,

Kieran

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

chambers.kevin
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Kieran_SQ

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me, I logged into your site as an admin and as a standard user and when I visited the /groups/ url I was able to see the standard create a group link (see screenshots).

By default there is not a create group button in the title section. If you are referring to the menu area you can create your own BuddyPress menu instead of using the default menu that inherits the first level of the BuddyPress profile items by using the below format in a custom menu item

COPY CODE
    With BuddyPress/bbPress installed you can add a link to profile using ##profile_link## in the URL input from Custom Links section bellow. Example: ##profile_link##/messages

With Cleverness To-do List plugin you can add ##my_tasks## in the Title attribute to generate your tasks bubble.

I wrote an article on this a few weeks ago and it has a list of the basic strings you would need with BuddyPress profile menu items and their child items. You can see this post here https://archived.seventhqueen.com/kleo/article/building-dynamic-buddypress-menu.

The path to use to add a “Create group” menu item would be /groups/create/

Thanks,

Kieran.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     chambers.kevin
    Participant

Please see two attached images. One is when I go through my menu, I do not have the option to create or even view the groups. The other is when I type in the URL I can create and see other groups.

Attachments:
     Kieran_SQ

Hi,

Both menus in your screenshots are the profile menu, there is no create group menu item in the default profile menu. To create a custom BuddyPress menu for the top please follow the steps from my above reply.

Thanks,

Kieran

chambers.kevin
    Participant

I’m still a bit confused, why can’t I create a group when browsing through the current menu, but I can create a group if I go directly through the URL even if I’m logged in?

chambers.kevin
    Participant

Not only that but I want to be able to view groups, as a user so I can join them. Currently when I go to the groups tap via my logged in account, no groups are visible.

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

The menu that shows in the top right by default is the menu that appears on the left sidebar of the profile, these links are unique to the user that is logged in. That is to say, the groups link will go to their personal profile groups page – for example, http://peoplesplace.us/members/username/groups/

The groups page is a directory page and is independent of the profile, the URL for the groups page is http://peoplesplace.us/groups/

If you would like to have a menu in the top right that you can customize rather than inherit you will need to go to WP Admin > Menus and create a menu, once created your menu you will need to use the check boxes at the bottom to assign in to ‘Top Right Header Menu’. You will then be able to create your custom menu items and assign any colors and icons that you desire.

If you would like I can do this for you but you will need to let me know which menu items you wish to keep that are already in use and any other menu items you wish to add to the menu. As it stands I have created a new menu for you called ‘Top Right User Menu’ and you can add items to this and assign to ‘Top Right Header Menu’ if you wish.

To create custom menu items you should follow this post https://archived.seventhqueen.com/kleo/article/building-dynamic-buddypress-menu which has many of the default link formats available for you to copy and paste.

Let me know,

Kieran.

chambers.kevin
    Participant

Alright, that worked but brought another problem. Certain pages have an increased thickness in the header section. Please see attached image.

Attachments:
     Kieran_SQ

Hi,

I checked your screenshot and your site and I cannot see the issue you’re referring to. When I inspect your site using console (F12) I see that the header-wrap is 61px in height and the page-tile is 165px on the members page and groups page.

Please provide me with more information if I am missing the issue as I would like to help but currently do not see the issue.

Thanks,

Kieran

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?