This topic has 18 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 9 years by sharmstr.

• Author
     briceemry
    Participant

Hi!
    I want my blog page exactly like Pinterest style. http://seventhqueen.com/themes/kleo/pinterest/. How to do this?
    Thank you.

sandervm86
    Participant

Good one!

sharmstr

In the documentation supplied in the download zip, you’ll see all the demo pages.

Main Files -> Documentation -> Kleo Theme: Open Offline Documentation.html

In the top menu, click on Installation, then Demo Content. What you seek is under Import individual pages.

Copy that code into whatever page you want. You’ll have to edit the first row to include your background image. You’ll also have to hide the title and footer sections, turn on transparent main menu and probably a few other things.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Catalin

here is the online link also:

https://archived.seventhqueen.com/documentation/kleo

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     briceemry
    Participant

I created a new page and insert the code, but the display is bad. How to have the same page of the demo with images?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     sharmstr

When you copy the code, make sure you select the “text” tab not the “visual” tab.

It states in the documentation that images are not included because they are under copy write. Just add your own image.

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

briceemry
    Participant

I’m doing everything as mentioned in the documentation, but I still have the same result.
    Can we just import this page?

sharmstr

It might be part of the demo content import file, but you’ll get a lot of extra stuff with that.

Do you have any caching enabled?

I’m going to restate this only so the instruction are complete, not because I necessarily think you’re doing something wrong.

Open the page in the editor.

Make sure you are in the classic mode, not backend or frontend editor.

Highlight everything in the wysiwyg box and delete it.

Save the page.

While still in Classic Mode, click on the “Text” tab above the wysiwyg editor.

Paste the code from the documentation.

Save the page.

View the page. If everything is okay (not printing out vc code), then you can switch over to backend editor and add a background to the first row.

Just as a side note, I had the same issue you did yesterday and deleting everything in the wysiwyg editor and repasting solved it.

briceemry
    Participant

Okay, I found what the problem was. In fact, do not copy the code from Chrome, but from Firefox or Explorer. On Chrome there are spaces.

Now if you can tell me exactly how to add a background image?
    Thank you.

sharmstr

If everything is okay (not printing out vc code), then you can switch over to backend editor and add a background to the first row.

i.e. click on the pencil icon for “edit this row”

Here’s the doc for VC http://kb.wpbakery.com/index.php?title=Visual_Composer

pittsleyb
    Participant

How do i add a background to the first row? The first row is a text field.

pittsleyb
    Participant

NVM, I figured it out, now how to hide the breadcrumbs from home page.

pittsleyb
    Participant

Figured that out too, COOL!

pittsleyb
    Participant

Ok, when I use the search form on the homepage it doesn’t seem to search forums. How can I change this since I dont use blog style or blog at all. Can it search just like the normal forum search?

Catalin

@pittsleyb: take a look here:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/bbpress-search-widget/

it may help you solve your request

briceemry
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, on your desired page you should copy this text and paste it in the Text tab from your content editor https://archived.seventhqueen.com/files/kleo/individual_pages/pinterest.txt

basically we only used the Kleo Search form shortcode with the Posts Grid shortcode.
    Background can be added by editing the Row element from Visual composer interface.

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

sharmstr

I’m having a lot of problems staying connected to your site.

But here’s what I did.

1 – To add the background click on the pencil icon right above testimonials (upper right). In there, you’ll be able to set your background image.

2 – Hide title, breadcrumb and Information under theme general settings – title section

3 – Set the menu to transparent under general settings – display settings

4 – Removed and readded the search form, selecting ‘forums’ as the search context.

Also, please update to Visual Composer 4.3.4. You can find it in the Theme Forest download.

sharmstr

Also, you were setting the background image on the column, not the row. That’s why that didnt work.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?