This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 10 years by SQadmin.

• Author
     Santos Ramos
    Participant

Hello!

I just got the sweet date theme and I’m having problems making the site look like the the sweet ride template.

I read the tutorials but is not working for me. When I install the the demo content i get pages all over the page.

It would be great if seventhqueen.com had a working template where a user can login as admin to see how they setup the site.

Can anyone help me setting up the site?

The site i want to create is for ride share.

you can view the mess I did at http://www.ridepond.com

Thanks!

Same here.. I have the feeling I followed all the steps in the tutorial to set it up, but for some reason a lot of things seem to be different from the original layout you show on the demo.

I need some help too!

Thanks!

SQadmin
    Keymaster

Hi there,
    First thing you need to do is to import the demo content( see the documentation)
    – Go to Settings -> Reading and select the Home page as the static front page and Blog page for the latest posts
    – Go to Appearance -> Menus and set the Sweetdate menu in the primary location.
    – You need to configure the widgets for the sidebar and footer. Go to Appearance -> Widgets and add whatever widgets you like in the preconfigured locations. See the image with the locations in the documentation
    In our theme we have added the following widgets in the footer:
    – in Footer Widget 1 we added: About us widget
    – in Footer Widget 2 we added: Custom menu (you can define it in Appearance -> Menus)
    – in Footer Widget 3 we added: Twitter widget (you also need to define twitter settings in Sweetdate -> Miscellaneous )
    – in Footer Widget 4 we added: Latest posts Widget

We have added to this theme another footer section above the main footer which you can enable by adding widgets to Footer Section 1 and Footer section 2 widget locations

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

So far I made it. But the things that are different for instance are the round profile picture in the profile section, and the caroussel kind of profile pictures and also the different tabs in the profile members section.

The location of the Profile button is a bit confusing right next to log out instead of putting it on a more central place in one of the other menus.

My users find the avatar upload menu to hard to find

When members log in its confusing where to go. You will end up on the search page. When a user finds the profile page the menus are all way down below the area with the large profile picture and the tabs. Not much space for content.

Does this make sense?

Thanks in advance for you reply.

SQadmin
    Keymaster

Hi,
    Profile pictures appear if the user has uploaded some images using integrated bp-Album or rtMedia plugin.
    You could install rtMedia since it has the ability to upload videos, mp3 etc. You then need to disable Bp-album form Sweetdate -> Buddypress

If you choose to go with bp-Album you need to replace the contents of this file custom_buddypress/class-bp-tabs.php in the parent theme with this one:
    https://archived.seventhqueen.com/files/class-bp-tabs.txt

We will add a a layer over the profile image so when you click that it will take you to change the picture(something like google has). This will happen in the next update

You can redirect the user to their profile after they log in by adding this code below to sweetdate-child\functions.php

// let us filter where to redirect
    add_filter(“login_redirect”,”bpdev_redirect_to_profile”,10,3);
    function bpdev_redirect_to_profile($redirect_to_calculated,$redirect_url_specified,$user)
    {
    if(empty($redirect_to_calculated))
    $redirect_to_calculated=admin_url();

// if the user is not site admin,redirect to his/her profile
    if(!is_site_admin($user->user_login))
    return bp_core_get_user_domain($user->ID );
    else
    return $redirect_to_calculated; /*if site admin or not logged in,do not do anything much*/
    }

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?