This topic has 13 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 9 years by sharmstr.

• Author

Tagged: 

procinc
    Participant

Hi. For some reason, the header is overlapping and I don’t know why. I haven’t changed any of the code. Can you help? I’ve attached a screen shot here. I can provide login details if it would help. Thanks

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     sharmstr

That happens when you have transparent main menu turned on but you havent turned of breadcrumbs. In general, its best to turn off transparent main menu in theme options and only turn it on for specific pages.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

procinc
    Participant

Thank you but that did not solve the problem. It just made the navigation links white, but they are still overlapping in the same way. I disabled transparent menu from theme options and enabled it for page, as suggested.

sharmstr

But did you disable breadcrumbs on the page that you turned transparent menu on? That’s the key. Any time you have transparent menu ON and breadcrumbs ON, you’ll get that condition.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

btrites
    Participant

I have the same issue. Breadcrumbs on the page AND in the them menu are disabled and I have used transp menu on the specific page. I still get the overlap. I’ve flushed cache and tried different variations. I am using the most recent version of the theme 2.4.3
    Thanks!

sharmstr

You cant have breadcrumbs ON and transparent main menu on. You need to go to the page and turn off breadcrumbs, main info and title.

btrites
    Participant

As I mentioned, breadcrumbs ARE disabled….

sharmstr

I saw “breadcrumbs” on in that sentence. Sorry. But have you disabled more info and title as well on the page?

btrites
    Participant

No worries. Correct, I have disabled info and title. No luck.

sharmstr

Respond privately with a link and credentials. I’ll have a look.

btrites
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     sharmstr

Okay. The idea behind Transparent main menu is to have an image or slider at the top, not text. Its also intended for full width page layout. Its so the menu can overlap your content, with the intention that the content is an image. So its actually working as designed. Here are examples of what it was intended for.

http://seventhqueen.com/themes/kleo/pinterest/ (this page actually has a row with an image background and something like 200px padding at the top so the text wouldn’t fall right underneath the menu.

http://seventhqueen.com/themes/kleo/black-friday/

Couple of other thoughts. I see no reason for you to have a transparent main menu on that page if you are going to keep it the way it is now. Also, you had an old version of visual composer installed. I’ve updated that for you. Please read this for future reference: https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/steps-to-update-kleo-theme

Hope this helps.

btrites
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     sharmstr

You can make the header transparent via css. When you get something set up like you want, let us know and we can help you with the css if need be.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?