This topic has 7 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Mike.

• Author
     Mike
    Participant

So, I tried adding this which is awesome:

https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/adding-notification-bubble-to-menu#post-11914

However, when I updated the file, every page on site became blank white screen. What am I doing wrong?

Mike
    Participant

Nvm. Realize this is standard now that I click on the github thing. Can someone explain how I add the bubble to a custom menu item?

sharmstr

Man, that’s way old info. Kleo ended up adopting that feature into the theme. Get rid of whatever code you added for that, then go into Appearance > Menu > Kleo and add the notification menu item. If you dont see Kleo click on screen options in the upper right to enable it.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Mike
    Participant

Awesome! Thank you!

sharmstr

No problem. I edited that old topic and added a message not to use the code 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Mike
    Participant

Quick question about this:

I want the notifications bubble on my main menu “My Account” – that also acts as a dropdown with other Profile options. I added the Live Notifications to my menu, changed the name to My Account. However, two problems:

You can’t have a dropdown apparently because the notifications popup overrides it. Will I not be able to do this? Or, is there some other option? Basically, I want the My Account to have a full dropdown with all the login / logout / edit profile, but also have the notifications bubble right there obvious on the main menu.

sharmstr

You cant do that. They are separate.

Mike
    Participant

Great. Thanks!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?