This topic has 15 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 10 years by Abe.

• Author
     Joss
    Participant

I have tried to change the color and size of the sidebar but i dont now how
    can someone hekp me …?

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi Joss,
    To change the sidebar width we have done some changes to the theme and now you will have two new options in Theme options – Layout settings to set content width: “Main content width for one sidebar templates” and “Main content width for two sidebars templates”.
    Until next update please get this archive and replace current theme files with the one included in the archive.
    https://archived.seventhqueen.com/files/kleo/kleo-template-width.zip

To change the colors for the sidebar you need to add custom css in the file kleo-child/style.css or in admin – Theme options – Quick css for example:

COPY CODE

.sidebar {
        background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #CCCCCC;
        color: #0000FF !important;
    }
    .sidebar a{
    }
    .widget-title {
        color: #FF0000 !important;
    }

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

robblundell
    Participant

Hi,

The background colour of my sidebar did not change when I did this. are you sure the sidebar background is correct?

robblundell
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Abe
    Keymaster

adding the CSS should work, just change the color codes to your desired ones

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

robblundell
    Participant

Hi

I have the following on http://www.sugrandspice.com/spice

.sidebar {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #000000;
    }

and the sidebar is still white.

Please advise.

robblundell
    Participant
     SQadmin
    Keymaster

Hi @robblundell, in a few moments I’ll give you the full css for this.

Regards,
    Robert

SQadmin
    Keymaster

Hi, as you know if you change sidebar background apart from the rest of the layout you also need to change colors, backgrounds, lines, etc. on some elements to fit in the same color palette. I added these lines as an example of what you need, you can change hex colors as you need.

COPY CODE

.sidebar {
    	background: #000;
    }
    .sidebar a {
        color: #777 !important;
    }
    .widget_search #searchform > div,
    .sidebar select {
    	border-color: #333 !important;
    }

.sidebar .kleo-widget-recent-posts-li,
    .sidebar .widget_categories li,
    .sidebar .widget_recent_entries li,
    .sidebar .widget_archive li,
    .sidebar .widget_display_views li,
    .sidebar .widget_recent_comments li,
    .sidebar .widget_product_categories li,
    .sidebar .widget_layered_nav li,
    .sidebar .widget_nav_menu a,
    .widget_tag_cloud a {
    	border-color: #333 !important;
    }
    .sidebar .widget_nav_menu .current_page_item > a,
    .widget_tag_cloud a {
    	background-color: #272727 !important;
    }

Regards,
    Robert

robblundell
    Participant
     robblundell
    Participant

This is for the Sweetdate theme as well. It isn’t for the Kleo theme.

Abe
    Keymaster

@robblundell this topic is for KLEO, please create a different topic in the right theme section

---

Abe
    Keymaster

PS: @robblundell in Sweetdate – Styling options you have the sidebar section where you can style it

---

robblundell
    Participant

@abe there is no styling options for sidebar background – Can you advise how and where i change this?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     robblundell
    Participant

Hi,

I have implemented this. Please see attached, and this has had no effect on my sidebar.

I also tried it as a class and id but it didn’t work either.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Abe
    Keymaster

This is a KLEO topic but my code is for Sweetdate. Please create a new topic in Sweetdate theme. We will close this section. Also share a link to your site

---

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Hi. how can i change color and size sidebar ..??’ is closed to new replies.

Forgot your details?