This topic has 10 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 7 years by Abe.

• Author
     frien337
    Participant

Hi SeventhQueen,

I would like to hide the “first & Last” name field from the profile accordion – unfortunately, in the admin dashboard, you cannot set the visibility of this field. I have already got the username to show across the site, I just need to figure out/find out how I can hide this field from the profile accordion.

Thanks again,
    Ryan

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, you can change in wp-content/themes/sweetdate/members/single/profile/profile-loop.php

COPY CODE

<dt><?php bp_the_profile_field_name(); ?></dt>
    <dd><?php bp_the_profile_field_value(); ?></dd>

with

COPY CODE

<?php if (bp_get_the_profile_field_name() != "Name") {?>
    <dt><?php bp_the_profile_field_name(); ?></dt>
    <dd><?php bp_the_profile_field_value(); ?></dd>
    <?php } ?>

You can adapt the code to match your needs
    Cheers

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

frien337
    Participant

Thanks Abe, that work perfectly.

In case anyone has renamed their full name field, simply change the name text ( != “Name”) {?> ) to the new name of the field 🙂

airsidworld
    Participant

Hi,
    Should we place profile-loop.php in the child theme or leave it in the main theme ?

Abe
    Keymaster

The best way is to put it into child theme so you won’t lose customization after theme update. See if it takes the changes from there

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

frien337
    Participant

Hey airsidworld,

Leave the original in the main theme and place a copy in the child theme. You may need to create the folders in the child theme, if they are not there, and it should have a path something like this:

> wp-content/themes/sweetdate-child/members/single/profile/profile-loop.php

Regards,
    Ryan

airsidworld
    Participant

“first & Last” name field from the profile accordion don’t appear anymore.
    Thanks Abe, thanks frien337.

efransen
    Participant

Hi,

Done all of the above.. But still seeing the full name..?

active childtheme;
    placed file profile-loop.php in wp-content/themes/sweetdate-child/members/single/profile
    edited the file
    changed name into naam (dutch)

still no go..

Eric

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi efransen, you must put your exact field name, case sensitive, as defined in Users – Profile fields

---

juxtapozemedia
    Participant

Has there been any changes to this process two years later? I just updated the code with no affect.

Abe
    Keymaster

I saw the discussion on Themeforest comments. you need to try also the members/single/cover-image-header.php file

---

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The forum ‘Sweetdate – WordPress’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?