This topic has 10 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years by Kieran_SQ.

• Author
     msteimann
    Participant

Hello,

I am setting up a new website wich relies on GeoDirectory and BuddyPress plugins. On the registration page there ist a name field, which has visibility settings beneath it. I would like to hide this line of text and settings options, because no matter which option I choose, it is not saved and it jumps back to the default value „everyone“. (Really wonder why this is the case and why these visibility options exist in the first place. I definitely want the real names to be shown and not hidden. Real or display names play an important role in a BuddyPress community)

I have searched the BuddyPress forums, and although there are other people with the same requests, no reliable solution seems to exist. Could you please advise me how to hide the line beneath the name field, without losing the ability to adjust the visibility settings for extended xProfile fields under the members profile tab?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards, Martin

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     msteimann
    Participant

Sorry, my text comment in attachment 1 should have been:

Can this line of text and field options be hidden?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Kieran_SQ

Hi Martin,

I have accessed your site and applied the below CSS to your KLEO Child theme via WP Admin > Appearance > Editor > KLEO Child > Style.css (line 65).

COPY CODE
    p#field-visibility-settings-toggle-1 {
        display: none;
    }

Please disable maintenance mode again and access your site as a logged out visitor to see the changes. You may need to clear your browsers cache when viewing the register page (Ctrl+F5).

Thanks,

Kieran

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

msteimann
    Participant

Hello Kieran,

thanks for your immediate feedback! Your solution works, but the line together with the settings options shows up for a split second before they disappear completely. Guess I have to live with that, don’t I?

I have also just noticed, that the settings of the extended xProfile can still be changed (which is a good thing!), but even if the settings are stored („my friends“, for example) the line of text still says:

This field is visible for „Everyone“, Change

Could this be a BuddyPress related bug?

And one more request, if you don’t mind: could the width of the input fields on the left column be set to equal width (fill the width of the column)? Just to even out the design of the registration page.

Regards,
    Martin

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

The brief flash of the options being hidden will always be shown unfortunately, this is not something I can resolve with CSS for you. BuddyPress requires this field to always be present and for the value to always be everyone – this may indeed be a bug with BuddyPress in general and you’ll need to open a ticket on the BuddyPress support site to address this https://buddypress.org/support/.

You can use the below CSS in your KLEO Child theme’s style.css to even out the width of the WordPress fields on the left

COPY CODE
    .registration input#signup_email {
        width: 90%;
    }
    .registration input#signup_password {
        width: 90% !important;
    }
    .registration input#signup_password_confirm {
        width: 90% !important;
    }
    .registration div#tandc-checkbox {
        margin-top: 30px !important;
    }

The last line, tandc-checkbox, adds a margin to the Terms & Conditions box present on your registration page so that it sits better on the page. If you end up adding more BuddyPress fields to the registration page you may wish to remove this line.

Thanks,

Kieran

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

msteimann
    Participant

Thank you Kieran, the registration page looks much better now that I have implemented your supplied css.

I will open a BuddyPress support ticket as advised and will report here as soon as I get feedback from them. Maybe we should leave this topic „not solved“ until then.

Have a nice Sunday evening!
    Martin

Kieran_SQ

Hi Martin,

Great to hear 🙂 I’ll keep this marked as not solved, feel free to keep me updated with the process of the other support ticket.

All the best,

Kieran

msteimann
    Participant

Hello Kieran,

A member of the BuddyPress team advised me to open a ticket and report this issue as a bug. He also offered a temporarily CSS code to hide the line of text on the registration page, but it didn’t work as expected. Yours still does, so I will happily keep it in my Child’s Theme CSS until the BuddyPress team has solved the issue.

Cheers,
    Martin

Kieran_SQ

Hi Martin,

When you have a link for the ticket would you mind passing it along just for reference?

All the best,

Kieran

msteimann
    Participant
     Kieran_SQ

Thank you very much 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The forum ‘Bugs & Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?