This topic has 6 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 5 years by Kieran_SQ.

• Author
     msteimann
    Participant

Is it possible to hide the text excerpt underneath the avatar? I noticed  some inconsistencies when I change the privacy settings of a posted update. The problem is, at least one excerpt will remain visible for logged in users on the members listing page, even if changed every post to „private“.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     msteimann
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Radu

Hi,

Add this css to wp-admin -> theme options -> general settings -> quick css

COPY CODE

div#latest-update {
        display: none;
    }

Cheers
    R

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     msteimann
    Participant

Thanks for your reply, Radu. Unfortunately this code didn’t work. Maybe I should have been more specific. I was testing the rtMedia privacy settings for posting updates and noticed some inconsistencies. Sometimes the updates showed up on the members listing pages right beneath the names and Avatars along with a clickable link, even when set to „only me“ or „friends“.

Sometimes only quotation marks were shown. Clicking the link lead to a 404 error page. Therefore I thought it would be a good idea to hide the latest update text on the profile and members pages completely. I entered the code as you suggested in my child theme quick-css but with no luck.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Kieran_SQ

Hi,

Your screenshot showed the member profile header and the CSS provided above targets that area. If you would like to target the members directory please use the below CSS. This can be used instead of or as well as the CSS from Radu.

COPY CODE
    #members-list .update {
        display: none !important;
    }

Thanks,

Kieran

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

msteimann
    Participant

Thank you Kieran, these lines of code did the trick!

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

Glad this worked for you 🙂 Feel free to open a new topic any time with any other questions or issues and we’ll be happy to help.

All the best,

Kieran

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?