This topic has 7 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 10 years by Abe.

• Author
     ThemeVal
    Participant

Hi, I see that all of the css customizations that I am inserting into the admin box under theme options is showing up on my home page’s source code. Someone could just come along and scrape my long hours of work.

Can you tell me where I can put that .css code so that it is not out in plain view on the home page source?

Thanks!!!

sharmstr

style.css in your child theme. But really, all css is accessible.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

ThemeVal
    Participant

Not quite sure what you mean, Sharmstr. Should I copy and paste everything in that general setttings custom css box and insert it into the child.css in the editor and then delete it from that box?

sharmstr

Yep. I dont have any css customizations in the settings box. All of mine are in the the style.css in the child theme.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

ThemeVal
    Participant

Can I ask if you open that file up in the Appearance/Editor in the wp dashboard and put it in there? Or do you edit the file via ftp?

sharmstr

Both. Just depends on what I’m working on at the time. I use dreamweaver for most the heavy stuff. If its a quick edit I’ll use the appearance editor.

ThemeVal
    Participant

Cool, thanks, Sharmstr! You’re the best 🙂

Abe
    Keymaster

Themeval you can do it both ways. FTP is safer since you can roll back if you mess something in a PHP file but being a css file you can do it there.

Also all CSS files are accessible to the public so it is as visible as being in the page displayed instead of a css file but it is recommended to keep it in the CSS file

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?