This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 10 years by wttribe.

• Author
     wttribe
    Participant

Hello,

I’d like to hide most of my site from not logged in peolple. Something like facebook does.

so people will have to login or signup of they wanna search for members or browse the site.

I’d like to show them part of the site and part of the home-page.

What’s the best way to do this?

thanks

Anchora
    Participant

either with paid-memberships-pro, where you can give user-roles for certain content..
    or via hack, but then the entire site will be locked for logged-out users.

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, You already have the option to restrict pages from the edit page and Buddypress related restrictions in Sweetdate – Memberships.
    For parts of content restrictions you should check out the shortcodes from PMPO:
    [membership level=”1″]Will only show up for level 1 users[/membership]

[membership level=”1,2,3″]Will only show up for level 1, 2, or 3 users[/membership]

[membership level=”0,-1″]Will show up anyone not in level 1, including non-members and logged out users.[/membership]

[membership level=”0″]Will show up for non-members.[/membership]

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

wttribe
    Participant

Hi, when you go to facebook or twitter you cannot do anything since you are not logged in.

So When someone gets there you have a page with a video or explication and a sing up or sign in form.

How do I get people not logged in to a landing page like that? where people can do nothing but sign.up?

please help,

putting [membership level=…. is not a good solution.. I cannot do it for any page…

Anchora
    Participant
     wttribe
    Participant

hi, thanks.

I found a quicker way: this plugin http://wordpress.org/plugins/jonradio-private-site/installation/

no coding. very quick to setup.

I made a great landing page and now it works.

For anyone that needs to hide the site from the public I suggest to use this plugin.
    you can also set pages available to the public and the search engines!!

Good solution. Thanks for your help, it was useful to get to the final solution. Thank you!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Hiding site from not-logged in users’ is closed to new replies.

Forgot your details?