This topic has 25 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 years by hotloverspassion.

• Author
     bharathy
    Participant

Hi,

After the user register and logs in the home page form should go away (in our case registration form) http://virtualui.net/KREC90/

Let me know how to achieve that. Thanks!

Laura

Hello, you can use the mixed form, when the user is logged in, he will see search form instead.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

bharathy
    Participant

Hi,

After logged in there is no need for any form to display in my case.

Can you help me how to do that? Thanks

Laura

mhm i see, so you want to hide the form for logged in users then?

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

bharathy
    Participant

Yes. thats the idea. Let me know how to achieve that. Thanks

Laura

Hello, please copy header.php of main theme and paste in in child theme folder, then add this code just after the <head> tag

COPY CODE

<?php if ( is_user_logged_in() ) { 
    <style  type="text/css" media="screen">
    .form-wrapper {
        display: none;
    }
    </style>
    } else { ?>
    <?php } ?>

bharathy
    Participant

Hi,

Need one quick clarification.

I have installed the child theme Do i have to activate it? what happens to the main theme corrections?

Laura

Hello, all corrections should be on the child theme, because this way you dont lose them. So it needs to be activated 🙂

bharathy
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve activated the child theme copied header.php and added the piece of code you provided after <head> tag.

But the page is going blank! Let me know what could be the issue or did i do something wrong.

Thanks

Laura

Hello, i think i know the issue, add this istead:

COPY CODE

<?php if ( is_user_logged_in() ) {
    .form-wrapper {
    }
    </style> 
    } 
    else
    {
     ?>

bharathy
    Participant

This error i’m getting. planning to go live by today. help to solve this issue is appreciated. Thanks

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘<‘ in /home/content/45/11398045/html/KREC90/wp-content/themes/sweetdate/header.php on line 22

Laura

Hello, this should work, let me know 🙂

COPY CODE

<?php if ( is_user_logged_in() ) { ?>
    .form-wrapper {
    }
    </style>
    <?php } ?>

bharathy
    Participant

Finally! it works! :-0 Thanks

Laura

Glad it worked!

hotloverspassion
    Participant

Hi,
    I tried your code above and it works great! But I would also like to hide the header image as now after the form is gone, the site looks messy with the image smaller and right at the top of the page along with the navigation menu. I was thinking to hide the image using display: none; but I can’t locate the css for the header image. Can you send me the code?
    Thanks 🙂

Laura

Hello, can you share a link so i can see it? And a screenshot 🙂

hotloverspassion
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Laura

Hello, if your site is not live i cant see it, at the demo of the theme, can you point me where is what you want to hide?

hotloverspassion
    Participant
     Laura

Hello, i see the issue now, do the following, go back to the original, delete the code you used to hide the form and add this to style.css

COPY CODE

.form-wrapper {
    }

hotloverspassion
    Participant

Hi 🙂

No luck, sorry.

It has the same result as the image “after log in” I sent you in previous message, with the header picture smaller appearing right at the top of the page. But with this change I have lost capability to display the form to non logged in users and hide it to logged in users. The form itself is not the issue. It is the header image I want to hide under the same condition as the register form ( so it will be there for not logged in users together with the register form ,but it will be hidden for logged in users as the register form is )

Hope it makes sense 🙂

hotloverspassion
    Participant

I’ve got an idea but just need CSS selector for the header picture…

Laura

Hello, i believe we have 2 topics about this? Because i just answered the other one… Please stay at the other and lets close this one

hotloverspassion
    Participant
     Laura

Hello, lets mesh them there as this one is from another person 🙂

hotloverspassion
    Participant

ok 🙂

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The forum ‘Sweetdate – WordPress’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?