This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 8 years by giorgos.

• Author
     Parkproductions
    Participant

Hi I’ve been playing around with the new registration template as it’s much nicer than the regular registration page, however I’ve run into a few issues.

If a user enters a name that is shorter than 4 characters it redirects back to the page set in the buddypress settings registration page – bringing the user to a different form to fix username is not desirable any suggestion on how to show the error on the home-registration template?

Also if I set the registration page to home-registration in the buddypress settings (not theme settings>buddypress) it gets overridden by the buddypress registration page, is this working as intended?

I don’t mind that my buddypress xprofile fields don’t appear in the new home-registration template as I will redirect on login to profile edit page, just wanted to keep every registration and error on the new template.

Link to site http://mirror.globalsportcoach.com/home-register/

sharmstr

@andrei – Can you find a solution for the validation errors being redirected to the bp register page?

@parkproductions
    – The Kleo register form isnt intended to replace any other registrations on your site. Its merely a way to place a registration form somewhere on your site other than the default WP, BP, Woo, PMPro (etc) places.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Parkproductions
    Participant

Thanks for looking into this Sharmstr, understandable that the new template isn’t a replacement and mainly a landing page however it looks so good and would likely improve my sign up rate!

Andrei

For the moment the kleo registration form doesn’t do any validation or processing by itself, so if any details aren’t correct when submitting the form you will be redirected to the full buddypress or wordpress register pages.

That’s how it was intended to work, at least for the moment.

Cheers

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     giorgos
    Participant

I hope at the end replaces the ugly BP registration page 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Bugs & Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?