This topic has 10 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 years by Radu.

• Author
     mpiroh
    Participant

Dear support team,

I went through your forum, but nowhere I found an advice how to install home-register page. I downloaded home-register page from demo data and tried all sorts of option (setting home register page in buddypress options, setting ordinary buddypress page as register page, setting register page as ‘None’) but your beautiful simple register page is not loading. Could you please guide me what I need to change, modify? I would like to have achieved what is by your instructions normal process. Letting users to fill basic details in attractive home register page and then redirecting them to fill in all required details by buddypress profile settings.

Thanks,

Martin

Laura

Hello, will assign the ticket to a higher support level who can help and advise you in your query.
    Thanks! ?

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

Radu

Hi,

The kleo_register (home register) shortcode will redirect member after they complete the displayed fields and press register to the original BuddyPress register (domain.com/register/) page only there are some additional fields to be completed.

In dashboard > Settings > BuddyPress > Pages > Register page should be “Register” not “Home Register” in this way the data will be passed to the default BuddyPress register page.

Also for the home register to work the K-elements plugin, it’s mandatory to be installed ( Install it from wp-admin -> Appearance -> install plugins. )

In addition to your last phrase, the users that fill info from home register will be registered directly if you don’t have any required fields added in wp-admin -> users -> profile fields, if you have one of the fields that are displayed in home register users will be redirected in the original buddypress register page ( domain.com/register/ ) to fill those.

Let me know

Cheers

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     mpiroh
    Participant

Hi Radu,

Thanks for the reply, but I cant get it to work. I set register page as ‘Register’ in BuddyPress settings and have K- elements plugin installed, but Home Register page is not loading. I tried deactivating plugins but didn’t help.

Can you please advise further?

Thanks,

Martin

Radu

I see you have solved

the home register it’s displayed

Cheers
    R.

mpiroh
    Participant

Hi Radu,

Well if I enter http://www.tantralovers.org/home-register then yes, it works, but when the user goes through normal registration p4ocess, i.e. clicks on ‘register’ tab on main menu, he is redirected to http://www.tantralovers.org/register page. Do I need to manually force each ‘register’ button on a page to redirect to home-register? I think this should adoptthe rule automaticaly?

Thanks,

Martin

Radu

I see, this can be simply fixed by changinf the register link from the menu instead /register/ change to /home-reigster/ link and this should be ok!

Let me know

Cheers
    R.

mpiroh
    Participant

Hi Radu,

I don’t see this option in default ‘Registration’ menu item. Where do I change it? Pls see attached pic

Thanks,

M.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Radu

Hi,

I see, in this case, you can add a new custom link with the desired link.
    Cheers
    R.

mpiroh
    Participant

Hi Radu,

Thanks for the response, but it seems that something is not working correctly here:

1. I believe default registration/login links should be automatically updated to redirect to new ‘home register’ landing page after home registered page is installed without need of manual implementation. I don’t have problem with manually creating new custom links, but this will not solve the issue as I can’t update these links in widgets and other places…

2. From ‘home-registration’ landing page user should be automatically redirected to default registration page where all additional information is filled out. This is not working on my site and user is registered just with basic field displayed in ‘home-register’ page even though I have additional custom fields set up.

May I ask this issue being looked into as this has been ongoing for three weeks now.

Thank you,

Martin

Radu

Hi,

1. The home-register and register are and should be different pages and the home register will pass data to the register page. This is how it works.

2. From what I see this it works as it should, https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxo5b6iHWRMwMlpPcE9lbDZXaEE/view ( the page communicate one with other )

Also, make sure to have any of those fields require city or country.

Cheers
    R.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The forum ‘Bugs & Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?